Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: any g8 owners around ALABAMA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 13 QTR View Post
    What's the Hybrid in your sig?

I traded in my '04 super 60 444whp srt-4 for the G8.....
    The Hybrid portion is how I justified getting the car; it's got the V8/RWD like my 00 WS6 T/A and the 4-doors like my 02 GP GTP, so I was able to convince the wife we're helping by doing our part and getting a hybrid of those two cars. Cheesy, I know, but hey, it worked. Of course, it has been said by others this is a hybrid because it burns both gas and rubber.

Re: the exchange from Neon to G8: Have you already posted to the "what came after SRT-4" site located HERE?
    Last edited by G VIII; 08-30-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    Unmolested & M~o~d-F~r~e~e 2009.5 G8 GT Hybrid* Liquid Red Black&Red Sport Perf Roof
    2003 SRT-4 GT3071r 401 whp 429 tq @ 21 psi - traded for the above, but never forgotten
    *2000 WS6 power and drivetrain (traded) +
    2002 SC'd GP GTP 4d sedan (sold) configuration =
    G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

No..I haven't posted on that thread. I haven't been back there much...unless someone messages me about some tuning questions. I had the PTP tuning software and the super60 turbo...
    gone but not forgotten
    1.698 60' 11.946@113.66 BEST 60'....1.650
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you miss it. Sure, you like the comfort, RWD and the relative handling advantage, but I bet you miss the powah! I'd trade my XM, big glovebox, and paperclip & penholder for another 50 whp. Heck, I'd do it for 25 whp and 2 city MPGs.

Posting here again because won't be moving to Alabama the Beautiful after all. Was hoping to link up with others there, but Unc Sam had different ideas.
    Unmolested & M~o~d-F~r~e~e 2009.5 G8 GT Hybrid* Liquid Red Black&Red Sport Perf Roof
    2003 SRT-4 GT3071r 401 whp 429 tq @ 21 psi - traded for the above, but never forgotten
    G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G VIII View Post
    I bet you miss it. Sure, you like the comfort, RWD and the relative handling advantage, but I bet you miss the powah! I'd trade my XM, big glovebox, and paperclip & penholder for another 50 whp. Heck, I'd do it for 25 whp and 2 city MPGs.

Posting here again because won't be moving to Alabama the Beautiful after all. Was hoping to link up with others there, but Unc Sam had different ideas.
    Yea...I miss the power. It also had Megan racing springs(2" drop) front and rear strut bars,upgraded sway bars and upgraded rotors.....so handling was alot better....

It'll be in the 11's soon......looking at a nitrous kit..

I do like all the features....and I get more looks in the G8.
    gone but not forgotten
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

lol it isn't the quantity of looks, it's the quality. and when you beat a vette, viper, m3, etc. in a Neon, you get plenty of quality looks. i'm sure it's even cooler for those guys beating Ferraris and whatnot. The stock G8 still doesn't handle in absolute terms as well as my autoX skittle, but it's very predictable. Of course, i'm not autoXing my G8 (yet), so it hasn't been truly pushed.
    G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G VIII View Post
    lol it isn't the quantity of looks, it's the quality. and when you beat a vette, viper, m3, etc. in a Neon, you get plenty of quality looks. i'm sure it's even cooler for those guys beating Ferraris and whatnot. The stock G8 still doesn't handle in absolute terms as well as my autoX skittle, but it's very predictable. Of course, i'm not autoXing my G8 (yet), so it hasn't been truly pushed.
    Autox in the G8? It's too big to fit in between some of the cones..
    I have ran the hell outta mine around Little River Canyon...it handles real well. I used manuaul mode...so I could downshift going into the curves..helped alot.
    gone but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 13 QTR View Post
    Autox in the G8? It's too big to fit in between some of the cones..
    lol isn't this the truth? i hate it when the Formula SAE guys design our course; they think nothing of 8' wide boxes; always have to go back over it with them and shuffle some cones around. i've never autoX'd a car that wasn't purpose-built, even if it was a street car, nor have i ever been able to run the stock class. i think the G8 should do well.
    G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in. But I only have a V6..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTinBama View Post
    Just checking in.
    My local Pontaic dealer still has a few G8s left.
    1 GXP and 3 GTs, so hopefully we'll get some new members.
    What dealer? Info on the GXP?

Post Thanks / Like

blwright,
    All of the new G8s have been gone for sometime I believe they have 1 used red 2009 on there lot. The dealer is Classic Cadillac, GMC in Anniston.
    Hope this is some help.