Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1226 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 2267261126117612161224122512261227122812361276 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Thanks guys. This show had everything from a '31 Oldsmobile to a brand new Challenger Hellcat and I never would've expected them to pick my eight-year-old daily driver as the winner. I just went to spend a Saturday night looking at cars with my dad. The funny thing was that the show was in a parking lot of a shopping plaza, and as I was pulling in one of the guys was waving me away thinking I was just some shopper looking for a parking spot. I guess I have the sleeper thing nailed down.
    Congrats. Just makes the win that much better when they don't even know what ya got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueG8GT View Post
    Congrats. Just makes the win that much better when they don't even know what ya got.
    Exactly what I wanted to say!

I went to a show last week. I did not register the G8 but parked it on the side with other muscle cars that did not register theirs. I had more people look at my car than many other cars parked.

IMO you have the best looking and performing White Hot in New England! ..Mine being second ..LMAO!!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I spent 10 hours detailing my buddy's 1993 Mustang Coup 5.0. "Barn find". It was sitting on a lift for 17 years in a huge garage. 29k on it ..original paint. The guy started to convert it into a 1/4 mile car. Shame because its rare and all original ..It was his friends car that he has been trying to buy for 20 years and finally got it. The last few months we got it running. Last week we installed an old school Vorteck ..another friend is going to tune it. Yeah I know ..its a Mustang. 1/2 my friends are mustang guys.

First pic is when we got it on the trailer.. the 2nd pic is after we pushed in off the trailer and into his garage. Had about a 1/4" of dirt and dust on it had some shit on the roof.

Resized952017012295135258.jpg Resized952017012295143526.jpg 0715171836.jpg 0715171835a.jpg 0715171835.jpg 93coup2.jpg 93coup3.jpg 93coup4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Yesterday I spent 10 hours detailing my buddy's 1993 Mustang Coup 5.0. "Barn find". It was sitting on a lift for 17 years in a huge garage. 29k on it ..original paint. The guy started to convert it into a 1/4 mile car. Shame because its rare and all original ..It was his friends car that he has been trying to buy for 20 years and finally got it. The last few months we got it running. Last week we installed an old school Vorteck ..another friend is going to tune it. Yeah I know ..its a Mustang. 1/2 my friends are mustang guys.

First pic is when we got it on the trailer.. the 2nd pic is after we pushed in off the trailer and into his garage. Had about a 1/4" of dirt and dust on it had some shit on the roof.

Resized952017012295135258.jpg Resized952017012295143526.jpg 0715171836.jpg 0715171835a.jpg 0715171835.jpg 93coup2.jpg 93coup3.jpg 93coup4.jpg
    Nice. Keep that thing clean and in 10-20 years it'l be rare. Everyone is cutting up fox bodies and putting turbo LS's in them these days. Nothing wrong with that, but clean, un-molested, Ford motor, low mile Fox Bodies will be damn near impossible to find in the near future. Plus cammed SBF's are some of the best sounding motors out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet find! Great job of bringing it back.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    Nice. Keep that thing clean and in 10-20 years it'l be rare. Everyone is cutting up fox bodies and putting turbo LS's in them these days. Nothing wrong with that, but clean, un-molested, Ford motor, low mile Fox Bodies will be damn near impossible to find in the near future. Plus cammed SBF's are some of the best sounding motors out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Sweet find! Great job of bringing it back.
    He did not get it cheap.
    He has about 17k invested with the purchase price .. getting it back to life plus the Vortech etc.

Thanks .. yeah it was a bitch to bring that paint back to life ..my shoulder is paying for it now. But he is a good friend ..his idea of detailing was to wash it and put a coat of wax over it. I said now way. let me paint correct this baby and get it where it should be. His girlfriend is a professional photographer so she is taking some pic of it for him at a show this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some goodies on the way...

I've already got a pair of rear brake pads, went with the AC Delco PV series (police/heavy duty), and now I've got a pair of PV series rear rotors on the way. I also ordered new factory brake pads for the fronts... I did the Camaro SS brembos a while back, so I went with a set of factory CTS-V (V1) pads because they're the same as the SS pads but without roller skates apparently. The rear rotors are smooth enough but are pretty worn - still stock back there, at 37k miles. The front rotors are in great shape (15k miles), and I don't think I'll even have them turned.

Day before yesterday, I ordered up the Rotofab 4" intake tube. I swapped to a 4" MAF a while back, but left the rest the way it is.

Also going to try a different fan temp tune setup and try to help keep some heat out on hot mountain driving.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    Plus cammed SBF's are some of the best sounding motors out there.
    I hate to admit it, but that's the damn truth!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ldm View Post
    went to a local cruise-in. Ended up winning best of cruise.

grrrr8
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

I know what this calls for.....
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package