Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 264 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    My car is frozen outside.

Holy shit in tx who said there is global warming so I can punch them in the mouth
    Panther black with some mods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    My car is frozen outside.

It dosen't look like a G8. You should put a little flag on the antenna so you can find it.

09 G8GT SwitchBlade Silver/Sunroof:

SSV Z-Series ll Rims, GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Auto dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat backs, Kooks mids w/ HFCs, GXP Brembos w/Drilled Rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1

Best: 60'- 1.954 1/4-12.753 @ 109.42

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled apart the underhood electrical box and examined the schematics in the service manual. My plans as originally conceived won't work. The parking lamps in the headlight housings are fused and connected to the entire parking lamp system on each side of the vehicle: right and left. So I can't plumb the DRL circuit into those or else my DRLs will become the parking lights on the entire vehicle! Drat! I've got a connector on the DRL circuit, so I can connect it to what I want, but driving the low-filament parking lamps in the headlamp assemblies is going to take some circuit work. I've got an idea worked up using two relays. We'll see if it works.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Bought Camaro 20's!!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126804

500 shipped insured w/lugs! SLP would be 725 and condition unknown... most others about 600 shipped. Yes, I'll fix the rash... little sanding... little filler... little paint... little clear... good as new! SMOKIN DEAL!

Gettin Tire quotes tomorrow... Any recommendations? I have the Bridgetstone RE050As on there now, I like them, car is NOT driven in the snow (or maybe EXTREMELY RARELY), but IS driven in rain and cold and of course summer. Suggestions welcome... thinking about the Continental Extreme DWS or DW, or Bridgestone 760. 245/35/20, 275/30/20.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go for the Bridgestones over the Continentals, they make a much better tire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    I'd go for the Bridgestones over the Continentals, they make a much better tire.
    Seconded. Or go for an all-season variant or a Michelin. But avoid the call of the cheap tire.

#019 of 888
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally ordered a sharkfin antenna for the G8. Now if only Spring were here so I could drive it!
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT #019 of 888 . 403rwhp/386rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Great success! I came up with a circuit using two relays that bridges the DRL's to the front park lamps. When the DRL's shut off, the relays switch the parking lamps back to the parking lamp circuits, so everything about the parking lights still works properly. If the coils in the relays fail, the relays should default back to the parking light circuits, as well. All the proper fusing is even maintained. And because I used terminal connectors to hook up everything, I can revert it back to stock by just unplugging my mods and plugging the wires back in the way they were.

Pic below: My new DRLs. The car's idling while a friend holds a flashlight on the sunload sensor.

EDIT: The fuse box is clean after the effort, too. No fuse taps at all.

Now I'm all set and ready to go for when I receive the HID kit from Spencer's this week!
    Last edited by Eidolon; 02-05-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Eidolon,

That's really cool looking, the side marker LED's tie into your audi LED strip very nicely!

Over the summer, I had opted for a solid state DRL solution from http://www.webelectricproducts.com/ On my setup, it uses the bright filament instead of the parking light filament, just like C5 vettes and the 4th generation f-bodies.

Conceptually it's very similar to what yours is. Great job!

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Realized that i left my rear exhaust hangers loose when i finished installing the Camaro diff a week ago. Well since then one of the bolts vibrated enough to fall out and get lost, causing the exhaust tip to fall against the diffuser creating a little burn spot. FAIL on my part. Found out though that the exhaust manifold bolts are the exact size and thread to replace it. Also rotated the tires.
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures