Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 241 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 1411912312392402412422432512913417411241 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Worked on a lengthy list of new parts to order and interior parts to be removed for painting.
    2011 5.0 is NOT a "part."
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    2011 5.0 is NOT a "part."
    LOL! I do want one, but my car is very unique.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Drove it with the fam to Jimmy Johns for a late lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    LOL! I do want one, but my car is very unique.
    I got jokes but I'm too tired
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Got it washed today. Went through a new "touchless" wash since the one I usually go to has been closed for two days due to severe cold . Needless to say I was super surprised when they have shit touching my car!!!!! I tore somebody a new one after that. They claimed it was touchless since they didn't have any rotating brushes, wtf is that shit. I don't think they understand what that word means.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Post Thanks / Like

Made and installed j-pipes to make the family happy.
    09' GT PBM, Vararam, SLP Loudmouth, Tuned via HPTuners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jzpiano View Post
    Got it washed today. Went through a new "touchless" wash since the one I usually go to has been closed for two days due to severe cold . Needless to say I was super surprised when they have shit touching my car!!!!! I tore somebody a new one after that. They claimed it was touchless since they didn't have any rotating brushes, wtf is that shit. I don't think they understand what that word means.
    What did they have that was touching the car? That's pretty stupid on their part.

OP: Drove it to work. I'll likely feed and wash it afterwards.
    2009 White Hot GT, Sport/Premium Pkg. w/ Onyx-Red Interior
    Vararam, Kooks Mids w/ Cats, and custom tune from Modern Muscle
    WeatherTech Floorliners, GM/Pontiac Trunk Liner
    "Pilots are a different type of people." ~ Most Psychologists

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVH1982 View Post
    What did they have that was touching the car? That's pretty stupid on their part.

OP: Drove it to work. I'll likely feed and wash it afterwards.
    Not sure what you would call it, but found a picture of what it looked like. They had two sets of them one right after the other.

SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you would call it, but found a picture of what it looked like. They had two sets of them one right after the other.

That's definitely TOUCHING the car ... and scratching the finish

OP: I'm on vacation! The car is getting hosed off in about an hour, then washed. Tomorrow the heaters go on first thing in the AM so by mid morning I can clay bar and wax. There she'll sit until next Tuesday.
    Last edited by 2girlsdad; 12-20-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's almost worse! WTH? Touchless? Are they MORONS?

The only thing I do to my car in the winter is use spray it off by hand using the local heated pressure washer bay. I personally corrected the paint on my car last spring and will be again this spring. NO WAY I let people touch my car, let alone wash it. Last spring, prior to correcting the paint, I used a THREE bucket wash method... Usually I only do two. lol

I feel for ya bro!

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How can a soft cloth scratch the finish? It's the same thing as washing your car with a mitt.