Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRR8 Recipes

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GRRRR8 Recipes

Most of us enjoy good food and like to eat. In the past 10 months I have read about everyones cooking and seen pics of dishes so I thought I would sticky a thread for just recipes from the different regions. George is the man so far. Can someone knock him off the throne(not that one! )
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sicilian "Gravy"

This will take several hours but it will be worth it. Use a large stock pot with a thick bottom. You will need to stir and simmer for a while, DON'T LET IT STICK!!!

Sauce for Pasta

3 26oz. cans of tomato puree
    1 26oz. can of crushed tomato (or 4 of the puree, depending on what consistency you like)

tomato paste
    red wine
    onion powder
    garlic powder
    chopped garlic
    olive oil
    Italian seasoning
    salt
    pepper
    sugar
    cinnamon
    crushed red pepper (sparingly, we're not making chili, )
    basil
    pepperoni

For the meat balls:
    eggs
    bread crumbs
    grated Parmesan cheese
    ground beef
    hot sausage
    ground veal
    spices

chicken and/or pork chops and/or hot and sweet sausage and/or anything you like

Take the ground beef, ground veal, and hot sausage, along with the eggs, bread crumbs, and grated cheese and combine for meat balls. Use equal amounts of the meats. I use a pound of each. Use 2 medium or large eggs. 1 jumbo might be enough. Use only enough bread crumbs to keep the meat together, about 1/2 a cup or so. Same with the grated cheese. Add onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. Hell, add any spice you like. You may want to add onions to yours, I don't.

Fry most of the meat balls in a pan, save 3 or 4 to fry in the stock pot.

Slice the pepperoni, I use 1 stick of Margherita. In the stock pot, fry the pepperoni in olive oil. Remove the pepperoni when browned, reserve till later. Leave the oil from the pepperoni in the pot. Now add the chicken or pork or whatever. Brown, but don't cook it all the way through, in other words don't dry it out. Reserve. Add the 3 or 4 meat balls, fry. Reserve. I keep all the reserved meats warm, but not cooking, in the oven.

Now, in the bottom of the stock pot you will have grease and browned and blackened bits of the meats, this is a good thing, don't dump it out. This is the "flavor base". Add the chopped garlic and lightly brown.

You can de-glaze the pot with some red wine if you like.

Add your puree and crushed tomatos to the pot, along with the dried spices, salt, pepper, sugar, cinnamon (just a little, it shouldn't be easily identifiable in the sauce, just a "hidden secret" in there), crushed pepper, bring to a simmer/ low boil, reduce heat, and let it simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every few minutes.

DON'T LET IT STICK!!! All the browned stuff in the bottom will dissolve. You can add a cup or two of red wine or some water to the mix, normally it's a bit too thick.

Add back all the meats(pepperoni too) you browned earlier are now added back to the sauce/gravy. Including any drippings they left behind while sitting. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for at least 1 hour, remember you didn't cook them all the way through. Simmer for as long as you want after that, the longer the better, I normally let it go for a few hours. REMEMBER TO STIR, DON'T LET IT STICK!!! This is not the time to be painting the family room, get a book or magazine and sit at the kitchen table and read.

Taste and adjust the spices as you go to get your desired flavor. Add tomato paste if it too thin. Sauce is a very personal thing, I like mine sweet with a bit of a kick. You may want it different.

I like to use boneless chicken breasts and pork chops in this recipe, makes things easier, but there are people who say the meat is tastier cooked on the bone.

Any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by GeorgeInNePa; 06-13-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my variation of a recipe I found online several years ago.
    IMO - Delicious!!
    Of course it uses BACON!!

1 1/2 pounds of bacon -- chopped (minimum)
    3/4 pound soft butter (a whole pound if you want)
    3-4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    Chili Powder to taste
    coarse black pepper to taste
    oregano to taste (or Italian Combo seasoning)
    3-4 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons Old Bay
    1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
    2-3 pounds peeled large shrimp - at least 26-30 size
    1-2 pounds of your favorite pasta

Preheat oven to 375.

Fry bacon (not crispy), add butter and all other ingredients except shrimp.
    Simmer together 5-8 minutes.

Put shrimp in an open baking dish and pour sauce over the top.
    Stir once to coat shrimp. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
    Stir twice during the baking process.

While this is baking get your pasta boiling and cook to your liking.

Drain pasta (do not rinse) and remove shrimp dish from oven.
    Spoon some of the shrimp sauce over the pasta and stir.

Make your individual serving as you normally would using the shrimp dish as your pasta sauce.
    I like to grate some cheese (Cabot Extra Sharp Hunter Cheddar) over mine.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by caretaker; 06-13-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use recipes so it won't be me I'm old school like my Great Grandma was
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribing to what has potential to be an epic thread.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish34 View Post
    I don't use recipes so it won't be me I'm old school like my Great Grandma was
    You could still give us a Devilish34 dish and a general idea of what goes in it. It's not rocket science.

Or are they "Top Secret"?
    Last edited by GeorgeInNePa; 06-13-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    You could still give us a Devilish34 dish and a general idea of what goes in it. It's not rocket science.

Or are they "Top Secret"?
    Only my coleslaw I do a lot of 2-3 finger pinches and tasting bad part
    is I'm usually full just after cooking big meals for family.
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Most of us enjoy good food and like to eat. In the past 10 months I have read about everyones cooking and seen pics of dishes so I thought I would sticky a thread for just recipes from the different regions. George is the man so far. Can someone knock him off the throne(not that one! )
    Well, I am extremely proud of all the board members to note that there are NO recipes (so far) for baked, fried, BBQ'd, broiled, sauté'ed, grilled, scalded or minced penguin. ............Minced! Ewwwww....*shudder*, I think I'm gonna be sick!
    Last edited by R.Penguin; 06-13-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: add text

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Top secret Chili recipe

if you guys can handle a great Chili recipe using cubed beef and not Ground beef... I'll post it up. But in contains Tequilla.........

(made $1500.00 in one contest, the only contest I entered it in, got first place, and people's choice award). And never made it agian..figured I should get out while on top..LOL....Actually I did the contest to win money for a local school, for some kitchen needs.

P.S. for a variation i guess you could use diced penguin, but I hear it is tough meat.

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like

"but I hear it is tough meat."

Tougher than an old Army boot! In addition, due to our addiction to rotten, been left in the sun too long putrid fish guts, penguins are not as tasty as they are good looking.