Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be G8 GT owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soon to be G8 GT owner

Hello all!

I currently own a 2006 G6 GTP Sedan. I'm picking up a used 2008 G8 GT sometime this summer, once my dealer in town locates one for me. I was in the market with a bit more aftermarket and power than my G6, and was stuck between this and a GTO, and after searching for months and test driving a few GTO's, and a G8 GT, I decided on a G8 GT for the practicality of a sedan and the comfort it has over the GTO, as well as the fact it will be 2 years newer and about the same price. Worse case if my dealer cant find one by end of the summer, I will have enough money saved to grab a 2009 G8 GT new, once the 2010's come out, cheap.

I already know a few of you over here that were part of the G6 world, jnak, Chris and Ray for sure, probally others. I'm currently one of three admins at G6Performance.com, and I'm the technical one in charge of the site itself and such.

I live in Woodbury, CT, work just shy of full time in Waterbury as a Tech at a Computer Workbench, and I go to CCSU in New Britain full time for Management Information Systems. I got into the Pontiac world after my Dad got his 30th Trans Am (Which is turning 10 next month), and my first car was my 2003 Sunfire.

I've done a few things to the G6, you can see in my sig.. but here's a few pictures.

I'll be lurking here for the most part as G6P needs constant babysitting and such, once I get the G8 GT I'll be more active.

My Dad's1999 WS6 30th Aniv. Trans Am. He's a member over at 30th-ta.org as well. Someday... when he dies.. I will inherit it

Back on _THE_day_ i got my G6 when it was 100% stock...
    Last edited by WoodburyMan; 04-22-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    2015 Chevy SS, Sunroof, M6, No Spare, Perfect Blue Metallic
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Electronics: A119S DashCam with Hide-a-fuse
    Go Stuff: Custom DiabLew 93 Octane Tune,
    Stop: Hawk Ceramic Pads
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:
    2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT, Premium Package
    2005 Cyclone Gray Metallic GTO, M6
    2006 Stealth Gray Metallic G6 GTP
    2003 Sans Gold Metallic Sunfire

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You dont have to have a G8 to participate, it just makes it easier and more expensive!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Welcome! You dont have to have a G8 to participate, it just makes it easier and more expensive!
    Herehere :lol: My G6 I had planned out and only had $113 payments. Probally looking $250ish for what I'm looking to finance now. Everything for the G8 is just a TAD more expensive too haha. I plan on getting a new job hopefully this summer and get upped pay to help me pay for my mods.

First up will be a Corsa exhaust. My Dad's got on on the TransAm and I loveeeeeeeeeee it.
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    2008 G8GT #110 of #888 Ignition Orange, 20 Inch Savini SV8 Wheels, Maggie 1900, VMS DOD Delete Stock Converter Cam, Pedders XA Street Plus, Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, VMS Tune, Mustang Dyno 522 RWHP/489.3 TQ

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy and welcome!
    Tate
    08 G8 GT: RCR Heads, Intake manifold, throttle body, 219/232 .625/.599 109LSA, LS7 MAF, Rotofab, Kooks LTs and catted X-pipe, Solo axle backs, RCR ECM/TCM tune, Free Mods
    P.B. et- 12.11, mph- 120 w/ 1.99 60'

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to go back 1 step. Bug G8Board first.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME Neighbor!
    I've only seen 2 G8's in the year since I got mine
    and now there will be two in town.
    If you've seen a IOM G8 in town, that's me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    I think you need to go back 1 step. Bug G8Board first.
    Bwhahaha
    Very stock... looking.

3E5X1 US Air Force
    Deployed...errr...Vacationing at Eskan Village, KSA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
    WELCOME Neighbor!
    I've only seen 2 G8's in the year since I got mine
    and now there will be two in town.
    If you've seen a IOM G8 in town, that's me.
    Whoaaaaaaaa. I'd never thought I'd EVER seen anyone from Woodbury on any forums I've seen you around town once or twice on main street! It's one of the like two G8's I've seen on the road period!

Gone But not Forgotten: