Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [POLL] Radio Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HoLLo View Post
    ... However, I'm directly accessing the MCU chip on the video board, not the Spansion chip. Are you saying for sure the image data is saved on that chip? Not the MCU?.
    Absolutely - unless I've gone senile and can't remember where I wrote my data to? lol But seriously, yes it's on that chip.
    Again surprised no one has ran with that info in the last half a decade (Well except the core group of guys from 'back in the day' in Australia - god I sound old now).

I could probably even post the Bin (i have it laying around here somewhere) exact offset, block size etc, and 99.9999% of people would still be clueless, however based on what I've seen you're pretty tenacious in digging into stuff like I used to be so let's see how far you get
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair, I have put in zero effort on accessing the image files. It's not been at the front of my mind... My project has been extracting Version 9 firmware so we can upgrade older radios to it so they can unlock factory Reverse Camera feature. Like I said, I have the main board's firmware, just need the video board's firmware. I just don't know how much time I can really invest in that any time soon. I can probably learn the CAN-BUS sniffing pretty quickly, though.
    Last edited by HoLLo; 06-04-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    | Tim R. | 09 MGM G8 GT | 01 SOM Trans Am WS6 |

Post Thanks / Like

No worries man - it's gotta stay fun. If anything I dropped most of this stuff for the last 3-4 years because it wasn't 'fun' anymore.. You'll get to it when you get to it! I'm here if you have questions.
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair I'm not all that interested in the logo change perse.

but if there was a thing. I'm probably in the D1 or G1 camp mostly. I don't want to rip the radio out - and send it off as I DD the car still today. I don't necessarily want to rip the radio out without putting something better in it's place. Which is sort of why I had such hope for the android radio set but damn that's spendy.

Perfect case for me would be for a write up or kit that would take a double din radio and some other parts and make up the AC controls - and a reasonable aftermarket radio like say a JVC work in the car for less than 500. But that's probably a pipe dream so my next goal is to workout a BT module that will connect to the sirius I don't use and allow to me track change with Steering wheel controls while I jam out to Spotify on mah mobile. I guess.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes