Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to make some changes.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time to make some changes.....

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Not to totally spin off, but mine was and does sit and I got to thinking, you know, why DONT I drive it... I made a list and am knocking those things off. Clean up the tune, e85, tires, making time, ride height, etc. I figure if I clear up my mental list, and still don't drive it, it may be time to let someone else enjoy her.
    I hear ya! I’ve thought about putting a milder cam in mine and a lower stall. I am going to have a local guy work on a street tune. I think Rick just whizzed through mine because he knew I wasn’t racing and it has issues with drivability.
    I don’t have any proof of that of course, but everyone RAVES about his tunes and mine is anything but worth raving about. My car pops trans codes which locks the trans from shifting above 3rd and bucks like a bronco down hill with the stall locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I hear ya! I’ve thought about putting a milder cam in mine and a lower stall.
    This is what I did to my stroker engine two years ago, and I enjoy the car much better.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Not to totally spin off, but mine was and does sit and I got to thinking, you know, why DONT I drive it... I made a list and am knocking those things off. Clean up the tune, e85, tires, making time, ride height, etc. I figure if I clear up my mental list, and still don't drive it, it may be time to let someone else enjoy her.

You better keep your g8, though, how else are you going to transfer tennis balls a few thousand at a time? :-)
    It was only 105, or so. I have a mental list as well, not a mentalist.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    I hear you. I talked to a shop in Austin. Got a few referrals and said they were good. Tried to talk to them in email and I was having a 3 way conversation with the guy and his wife. They need to learn how to CC each other. Then failed to quote me on a fuel pump change. I prefer to go with people I know. This way I know it will be done right.
    If I was in Indiana still, Mike Norris would get the car. Mike will be here next week, but not to work on anything.
    There is still an option on me driving it and flying home. Waiting on conversations with Carl.
    Please tell me it wasn't 747 Garage. If you were talking to them, stay far away. Also I agree with your vote of no Livernois. They are all bark, no bite.
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    Please tell me it wasn't 747 Garage. If you were talking to them, stay far away. Also I agree with your vote of no Livernois. They are all bark, no bite.
    I don’t remember who it was now. The car is going to Doug Hilliard. I know and trust him. Rick will finish the tune. I’ll most likely tow it out there and come home.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    They’ll take a big bite out of your wallet
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I think Rick just whizzed through mine because he knew I wasn’t racing and it has issues with drivability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in the same situation. The stroker is badass,just some drivability issues. I just need a 3.45 diff to eat up some of the cam.

I honestly think Rick needs the car to make it perfect. Dyno tune is spot on , however we don’t drive on a dyno

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post

Has anyone dealt with transporting a car?
    I sent my G8 to Phoenix from Indianapolis $800
    I used Bullfrog
    The best thing to do is get a shipping quote from one company. Then the brokers will blow up your email. Start playing one broker against another, they will drop their price.
    I would ship it, fly in to pick it up.
    If you time it right you could catch a day or two of HRPT on your way back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    I am in the same situation. The stroker is badass,just some drivability issues. I just need a 3.45 diff to eat up some of the cam.

I honestly think Rick needs the car to make it perfect. Dyno tune is spot on , however we don’t drive on a dyno
    Kewl! Glad it's not just me! We have a local guy here that has proven very reliable so him and I will do a little driving around town this spring after I get it all back together.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the JMS booster today and a tow bar for my Chevy truck.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT