Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (PICS) Rear deck speakers, wires stuck to magnet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default (PICS) Rear deck speakers, wires stuck to magnet?

Everything I know tells me something isn't right here. However, maybe it is.....but you're all the experts!

Are the loose and hanging wires supposed to be like that? It also appears a few of the connections aren't connected.

One of the wires on each is literally magnetized to the magnet on each one. Just seems off to me.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BamaZ28; 03-09-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

does not look right they are not connected

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

And you are missing large portions of you subwoofer cones. What sort of hack job is this?
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am as shocked as you all. I never took the time, in 6 years to actually inspect the speakers. It always sounded ok, so I never worried about it.

Fair to say they are done? Replacements? Degree of installation difficulty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaZ28 View Post
    I am as shocked as you all. I never took the time, in 6 years to actually inspect the speakers. It always sounded ok, so I never worried about it.

Fair to say they are done? Replacements? Degree of installation difficulty?
    The scotchlocks on your wires are an indication someone with low skill added subs and an amp back there. They destroyed the cones of your stock subs to let more sound into the cabin. They broke the tabs off your stock subs to keep them from playing, or trying to play.

Three options here:
    Pull stock subs and put in new old stock subs. I'm sure you can find a set someone removed for cheap.

Leave stock broken subs in and add a new, separate sub with box/amp in the trunk.

Remove stock broken subs and add a new, separate sub with box/amp in the trunk.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not hard to remove the stock subs. Pop the rear seat bottom out, remove any bolts along the bottom of the seatback, remove the seatbacks, remove visible fasteners along the front of the shelf cover, then I think the shelf cover pulls up and forward. Then you'll have clear access to the subs.

The shlub that avoided this 15 minutes of work and chose to rather destroy the subs should be caned.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the stock amp in the picture?

Post Thanks / Like

Dannngggggggg! I can't believe I never....ever noticed this in the 6 years. I bet it will sound 1000% different after fixing!

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see the photos but I read Scotchloks and anyone that’d use those is a hack! NEVER EVER are they to be used unless for testing purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

For reference, it wasn't me! Hah. I bought it like that from a dealer. I am excited to get it fixed and see how this stereo really sounds!