Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What suspension issues may cause excessive inner rear tire wear, only on one side?

Post Thanks / Like

Duly noted.

I totally get the cautious approach, and do plan to upgrade in a few stages, although I prefer to take things apart as few times as possible.

NVH is a very subjective thing. I find I have a higher than average tolerance. I am sensitive to out of balance rotating vibrations and droning exhaust notes that make conversation difficult at moderate cruising speeds. Pretty OK with most else. The G8 GT seems sedate to me, and the G8 GXP leaves me wanting more growl and aggressive handling. (I have both in my garage, currently but the GT will be for sale soon)

I am used to a stiff ride. Although my GXP could be called a daily driver, this is not my 100% daily driver. More like a 10-20% car (mostly in the summer), and my F150 sees 80-90% daily duties.

For some perspective, I have owned two Audi S4's that had stiffer ride than the GXP. The first one was on coilovers and RS4 sways, had urethane engine mounts. Second car had H&R coilovers. I've also owned a couple of lowrider pickup trucks that were slammed on static drops and had full urethane bushing kits.

So I am really trying to figure out which coilover kit to go with. I have seen several options from Pedders, H&R, MCA, BC Racing, K-Sport, Megan Racing, as well as a few others. Pedders seem to be very popular and look like quality product, but I am not one to buy simply out of popularity. I like to get a quality product for the money and may not mind spending a bit more.

I recently put some Bilstein remote reservoir shocks and different springs on my Ford F350 pickup and was AMAZED at how dramatically a full suspension upgrade could improve ride control (and to some degree, comfort). I spent more money than usual on its suspension and didn't have any regrets
    Last edited by Q-DawgVFR; 02-03-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you have a lot of experience with suspensions and don't have someone to nag you about the ride.

Here are some things I read about on the forums in years past so this info could be out of date: Some had pedders rear coilovers blow out in a year, Megans were re-branded BCs, some had problems with the rear BC springs being too soft and when they went stiffer the dampening wasn't up to the job.