Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Ported throttle body help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ported throttle body help.

So I knew my throttle body was dirty so today I pulled it off to clean it. I took the blade off and proceeded to clean the parts. I decided I wanted to port it while I was at it. Made sure I stayed away from where the blade sits at idle. I get it all put back together and installed back on the car, fire it up and I notice it revs higher than normal and was idling a little higher than normal. Verified that the blade is not rubbing and everything’s plugged in. Take it for a drive and when in gear it’s like I’m giving it some throttle without actually touching the pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Need to do a TB relearn(tech 2,hpt etc) and/or disconnect the battery for 30-60mins. There are also some TB and idle relearn procedures you can try manually without scanner/programmer but I'm not sure they work.
    Did you use a lot of cleaner, if it gets into the TPS or motor it can damage the TB(make sure to let it dry for a while). Also make sure the blade is back on perfectly... Motor can get damaged too when moving the blade by hand

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk