Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boost District

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boost District

I was surfing the net looking at different parts for my LSA swap and came across this site. It looks as though some of the parts in the kit they offer for a g8 are made to actually bolt right onto an l76 instead of having to run a cts-v crank pulley, 8 rib belt, etc. It says it comes with an adaptor to work with the stock g8 crank pulley. Any of you guys done business with them? I read nothing but good reviews and the person I talked to on the phone seemed very knowledgeable, friendly, and had an answer to every one of my questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boost District

There is so much missing to make that complete it will blow your mind.

Plan on a fuel pump
    Dod delete kit
    Tuning
    Intake
    Coolant resi

I'm not sure how the pricing looks but honestly expect 6-8k to complete a lsa/dod swap.

I just completed mine with some upgrades along the way and it's a serious job if you plan on handling it yourself. I'm way over budget and I found a great deal on a dod kit and the lsa kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at their site and see what you think. It's the first time I've ever come across something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dhgreen View Post
    Take a look at their site and see what you think. It's the first time I've ever come across something like that.
    They seem to try and sell it as a complete kit but leave out a lot of details.

Almost seems like they are trying to run a single belt set up?

Also doesn't show anything about a crank pinning kit.

There is nothing they are supplying that is special. You can gather all the parts needed using the lists here on the site.

Put together a dod delete kit with a ls9 cam and find someone selling the blower.

Post Thanks / Like

I've already picked up a core, zl1 lid, injectors, new blower cam, and a heat exchanger. Just been shopping around for the rest. My car already has a DOD delete with the cam setup that's in it currently. It looks as though they offer some kind of adaptor kit to work with the belt and crank pulley already on the car. I've been going off of the Glanzer list for my parts, but when I found those guys I figured I would ask around about them since their setup looked way different than what everyone else was running.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Visited the site, as for the "belt drive adapter" if they are selling a adapter to run the lsa off the accessory 6 rib belt, run away. If they are stating to add a pulley to the L76 dampener, run away. The dampener used on L76/LS3 (and others) has a well documented wobble, last thing it needs is a 8 rib pulley hanging off it. Will it work? yea, the procharger guys use then - google the results. From my perspective, having a dampener fail is not trivial, not worth the risk - use one designed for the purpose. Speaking of dampener - pin it with the ATI kit.

The beauty of the LSA is the GM catalog - off the shelf GM parts. A stand alone blower drive, 8 rib, is preferred -ask the maggie guys. Add a bracket or two, a belt tensioner, change to a LSA dampener (or ATI Blem off ebay) and be done.

Now, that IC coolant tank does look interesting. Curious if off the shelf or custom.

BTW, since you are planning, ditch the IC radiator and pick up PNP tech's frostbite - it's the real way to go.

I've already picked up a core, zl1 lid, injectors, new blower cam, and a heat exchanger. Just been shopping around for the rest. My car already has a DOD delete with the cam setup that's in it currently. It looks as though they offer some kind of adaptor kit to work with the belt and crank pulley already on the car. I've been going off of the Glanzer list for my parts, but when I found those guys I figured I would ask around about them since their setup looked way different than what everyone else was running.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

What do you make of that chrome looking piece in the picture next to the pulley on the core?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That part image is a mess, does not appear l76 specific. It has 3 Hx, intake adapter plates (not needed), throttle body adapter (not needed) and , yea, looks like a 6 rib pulley. I suspect the pulley you reference is not l76 applicable. The belt line to have a lsa blower be driven by the std accessory belt would require machining the snout past the purge valve. The existing tensioner would not work. That makes as much sense as going from a dedicated 8 rib to a 6 rib shared drive.

Looked closer, realized the images are from a car on the boards (since sold), the ic tank was a one off. BTW, look close at the image - dedicated, factory, 8 rib blower belt.

What do you make of that chrome looking piece in the picture next to the pulley on the core?
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Do you know of any other good parts lists/install guides to go off of besides the Glanzer one?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Use Google to search the boards (lsa install site:grrrr8.net) and other board , mongo thread by 383stroker. Much good info can be rooted.

FWIW, ctsv fuel pump, vaporworx boost referenced controller, zl1 ic pump, frostbite chiller, g8only fuel pump access and make sure you use Russell 644123 connectors. Oh, might as well start stockpiling rear tires.

Thanks for the info. Do you know of any other good parts lists/install guides to go off of besides the Glanzer one?
    Sport /Premium