Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Catch Can for PD Blower Cars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catch Can for PD Blower Cars

Gents,

Started down the rabbit hole looking into catch can setups for positive displacement blowers on our engines.

I've ran mine like it is for a while, and don't know that I have any issues, but would like to hear from the group.

Currently I've got a Mike Norris catch-can plumbed entirely on the drivers side of the engine. I've got it ran from the rear of the drivers head to the catch can then to one of the nipples on the Maggie snout.

On the passenger side, I've got the pass valve cover tube capped off, and I have a check valve breather on the oil fill hole of the pass head.

I also have the rotofab intake tube blocked off, no connection to the engine.

As far as I know, with the exception of the check valve on the oil fill breather, I don't have any check valves on the system at all, which I do see check valves recommended for PD blowers pretty regularly.

Should I change my setup at all?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts here?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

intrested in topic, sorry I don't know much on this.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like I've searched this exact thing over a dozen times and each time I get a different way to run it. I have a LSA setup and ended up going from ls3 valley cover nipple, to the catch can, to the nipple on the side of the blower. It collects oil slowly so it's doing something at least.