Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Headliner falling down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headliner falling down

Has anyone else has this issue? I was quoted $4-500 to have it replaced locally. Is there any other option?
    2008 PBM G8GT Premium Onyx/Red Leather
    Solo Mach Exhaust, Rotofab intake, LS7 MAF, Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT headers, Pat G tune.
    FE3 Struts, TEIN Springs, ADR Staggered 19's

Post Thanks / Like

take it out yourself take it to a shop, they will grind off all the old foam and reapply new material. should charge you around $200. What condition are your visors in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smwalker View Post
    take it out yourself take it to a shop, they will grind off all the old foam and reapply new material. should charge you around $200. What condition are your visors in?
    Visors are in great shape. Most of the headliner is as well, but the back corner is started to fall down and blocks my vision at times. This could work out well and I need to have some hail damage repaired.
    Solo Mach Exhaust, Rotofab intake, LS7 MAF, Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT headers, Pat G tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it to a well known body shop.

This way they can kill two birds with one stone. Fix your hail damage and fix your headliner.
    Like smwalker stated ..you take it down yourself and you will save $$ on labor
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Bring it to a well known body shop.

This way they can kill two birds with one stone. Fix your hail damage and fix your headliner.
    Like smwalker stated ..you take it down yourself and you will save $$ on labor
    Someone told me you have to take the windshield out to remove the headliner without bending it. My PDR guy said he had to drop the headliner so I thought about that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen that too. That's how they do it when the cars are built. I saw the GM manual repair page (tried to find it again, no luck). They showed dropping the head liner. Turned it sideways and angled it. And, removed it via the back door. They showed using the passenger side, rear door, not sure if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by JimmyJazz; 07-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

It can come out through the rear doors. Any auto upholstery shop should be able to do.it.

Post Thanks / Like

Does not have to come out the windshield hole but if you happen to have a cracked windshield that is a good time to do the headliner as well. Comes out through one of the rear doors once you have all your seats and center console out. It bends a bit and might even break a bit up front but the new headliner material fixes it and holds everything straight.

Here is by Caprice half breech: