Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: For Sale: Rear Aux Input (VIM) Cords w/ optional Reverse Input

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Sale: Rear Aux Input (VIM) Cords w/ optional Reverse Input

I have been making these cords for quite some time and I wanted to make them available to the forum now that its become so much easier to enable the Rear Aux Input.

For sale are Video in Motion (VIM) Rear Aux Cables for both 2008 and 2009 Pontiac G8 equipped with Blaupunkt LCD headunit. This cable allows you to utilize the rear aux input on your factory headunit to hook up any type of media device that uses or can be converted to RCA. I spend 3 or so hours a day driving and enjoy watching movies and listening to music from my iPhone through a DAC.

These cables are assembled by me with new OE supplier parts. This includes OE headunit connectors and properly crimped terminals for a strong signal and high level of craftsmanship. Some people have asked why I don't "glue" inside of the connectors. Easy, a good solid crimp and correct install of the pins requires no other adhesive of any kind to create a strong connection. The RCA cables are shielded to help reduce any interference issues. All cables will be wrapped in Tesa tape to create a high quality OEM look and keep the cables from making noise inside of the dash. Cables are approx. 3 ft long although shorter ones are available if you're interested. Sufficient for installs in the glove box area. Each cable is quality tested for continuity across all terminals before it is released for shipment.

NOTE: The factory head unit will allow video input at park or up to speeds of 2-3 mph. With further programming (commonly called a VIM unlock), video input can be activated full time. Using this cable alone will not unlock VIM. Please do a search for how "VIM unlock" for the proper procedure.

I can also add the rear (reverse) camera video input for those who have a V9 headunit and have that feature unlocked for an extra $10.

Before anyone asks, I am not here to sell some cheap crap. I care about this forum and have enjoyed it for many years. I use high quality components and stand behind each one that goes out. If for any reason you have an issue please PM me and send it back. I will either give you your money back or send you a new one.

I am selling the Rear Aux cord for $40 shipped to the lower 48 states. I take PayPal at chamilton89@gmail.com

Please PM me before paying, I want to make sure I have one ready to go so I can ship next day UPS.

1.5' Adapter wrapped in Tesa Tape with reverse camera input:

IMG_3518 copy.jpg

Connectors:

IMG_3519 copy.jpg

Here is a little demo of one of my Rear Aux input cords in use with my iPhone:

Last edited by chamilton89; 05-30-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What is reverse input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

These are still up for sale, PM me for more info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B_gerk View Post
    What is reverse input?

I see you didn't get an answer. For those that are reading but don't know, it's so you can install a back up camera.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    I see you didn't get an answer. For those that are reading but don't know, it's so you can install a back up camera.
    Sorry about that, but yes, that is correct!

Post Thanks / Like

im interested... how do i know if i have a v9 unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juancav99 View Post
    im interested... how do i know if i have a v9 unit?
    http://g8nation.com/showthread.php?t...l=1#post619591
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

how do i send you payment?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juancav99 View Post
    how do i send you payment?
    You can either PM directly with your order or send me a paypal for the correct amount for whichever cord you would like with your address and name in the note section. My paypal is chamilton89@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Still for sale, PRICE DROPPED. $40 Shipped for the RCA only cord and $50 for the reverse camera input as well.