Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: My LSA Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default My LSA Project

Hey guys, I'm starting my LSA build over the summer. This is my first time doing something like this so it's pretty new territory for me. My blower should be in today from ZZPerformance (rebuilt with solid isolator) and the ZL1 lid is on the way. My car already has a BTR stage 3 cam in it, but I ordered their PD Stage 2 blower cam and it is already here. I'm not gonna do anything real crazy with the car cause it's still gotta get me through college, but I wanna try to get 600 to the tires with the setup. I don't think I will do any porting on the blower because it's a little out of my budget. I have a list of parts for the build, but I'm not real sure on what to go with injector/pulley/fuel pump wise. I would like to run a smaller pulley, but I'm not real sure on what to do/go with since no one in my area has a G8 with an LSA. The car has an ATI lower balancer and I would like to keep that on there if I can make it work. I've seen a lot of guys on the net run the ZL1/LS9 injectors but have also seen guys maxing them out pretty easy. Like I said, the car isn't gonna be anything wild since it's my DD but I wanna make sure everything is setup right so I won't run into any issues. Any help/advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wrapping mine up as we speak...

To get 600 to the wheels you will need intake headers bigger fuel pump and 85cc injectors. I think a 2.55 pulley would get you where you want to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the info. Got my blower in yesterday and the lid should be in Tuesday. My guy that tunes the car does really good stuff and is well known in the area. He advised me if it was still gonna be my daily and I was making 600 to the tires stuff would start tearing up and that once you get to that point on an LSA that some of the internal components on the blower would start to wear down. I figure I will be happy with it regardless of what it makes. Did you go off instructions with yours or did you just kinda go with the flow? Found an install guide online but it seems to be real spotty/not enough info. A couple of my friends and I are gonna do the install and then trailer it up to Jimmy to get it on the dyno and tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna do anything real crazy with the car
    I wanna try to get 600 to the tires
    These are conflicting statements. It's your daily, youre on a budget, and in college. Id leave it alone till you graduate if I were you, or at the least keep it around 500whp on a big/stock pulley. Things get exponentially more expensive over 500whp. Could you afford a new motor if it blows? A 6l80 rebuild when it eats the 3-5 clutch? You better pray your tuner knows how to tune a high HP 6l80 build as well. The diff, trans, axles, driveshaft, and torque converter are all ticking time bombs as well around 600+.

FWIW, I just built a budget FI setup, but Im expecting shit to break and have some cash set aside for when it does.

For your questions, search around, these are common topics. 80lb injectors and any major fuel pump upgrade will do 600 easily on pump gas (BAP + CTSV or a walbro 450). Glanzer has an entire LSA swap guide, every nut and bolt are accounted for. If you need more than that, you shouldn't be trying this swap yet.

5. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Likes Cole Trickle, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a pretty good deal on my dod delete and the blower.

I chose to have the blower completely gone through and all Bear I gave replaced while it was apart for the new pulley.

Added kooks headers at the last minute and id850 injector$

I imagine I'm $7500+ into the swap at this point and it has taken me 3x longer than I expected as I did it all my self and didn't pay for labor....it's a big job and like you are finding the last 15% takes the longest because nothing at that point is bolt on. I took my time and did it all clean and right.

I wouldn't have taken on this project if the car was a daily driver.

You could do it for cheaper if you are ok with 500 to the wheels and it would make for a better daily driver.

7. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What intake did you go with? Seen a lot of guys running that rotofab.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dhgreen View Post
    What intake did you go with? Seen a lot of guys running that rotofab.
    I have a rotofab but I couldn't for the life of me figure out a clean way to use any of the kits tubing. It was going to be nothing more than a sliver.

I don't think I'm having an issue with the 4" silicone tuning thus far but will probably do a custom piece with the maf housing welded in eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Ready to get the rest of my kit bought. If I did go with like a 2.55" pulley and kind of leave everything else OEM parts except for where it was necessary to upgrade what do you recommend would be the minimum the injectors need to be pound wise?
    Last edited by Dhgreen; 06-06-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dhgreen View Post
    Looks good. Ready to get the rest of my kit bought. If I did go with like a 2.55" pulley and kind of leave everything else OEM parts except for where it was necessary to upgrade what do you recommend would be the minimum the injectors need to be pound wise?
    You could probably get away with some 65lb fic injectors but why buy twice?

You will also need some fuel pump work.

I'm old and I have blown up a couple engines in my younger days so I no longer scrimp on fuel or tuning.

Do it once do it right