Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last day in Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    You know that heat today? That's not heat. Not yet. No, that is cool. Comparatively. We stay inside from June until December down here. In a month you will pray to have today back! Your dogs already bein' like, "WTF?" This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czmb6tEwFE8
    I disagree. It was 95 in Converse yesterday. I was unloading a 24' truck.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

95 degrees. That is hot. Ray, I known you don't have a San Antonio perspective yet to evaluate comparatively how cool that will seem a month or two hence! Compared to what is coming. I promise you, days are coming when you will want yesterday back! People in San Antonio only live in two places during the summer: neck-deep in the Comal River, or in the Guadalupe River. With large straw hat on, and beer in hand. Sweltering heat be damned, life is good in the Edwards Aquifer.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    95 degrees. That is hot. Ray, I known you don't have a San Antonio perspective yet to evaluate comparatively how cool that will seem a month or two hence! Compared to what is coming. I promise you, days are coming when you will want yesterday back! People in San Antonio only live in two places during the summer: neck-deep in the Comal River, or in the Guadalupe River. With large straw hat on, and beer in hand. Sweltering heat be damned, life is good in the Edwards Aquifer.
    I've always said, your summers are like our winters! Stuck indoors!

Glad you made it safe and sound Ray!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a safe move Ray. I wish you the best for your new home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

5. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Being born and raised in San Antonio - you will like it Ray.

a) Yeah - it gets hot .....but.....
    b) folks are genuinely nice
    c) plenty of really nice rivers and lakes
    d) someone mentioned the Comal & Guadalupe rivers -- SPOT ON! (tubing down the Guadalupe with beer is an Olympic sport)
    e) You are about :40 minutes from New Braunfels, TX & the Guadalupe River. You can rent a tube - float down the river - a truck will pick you up and take you back to your starting point - repeat!
    f) If you prefer water thrills - the Schlitterbahn is in New Braunfels. It's a water park with food and booze.
    g) Remember - most, if not all, rivers are fed by the Edwards Aquafer (under ground lake) which means the water is "NIPPY!!" That first plunge will wake your ass UP! :-) The waters are very clear. The limestone "filters" the water - so the river waters are pretty clear.
    h) the Mexican food is outstanding! (I will ask my family about a top 10 -- they are into the "food" not the ambience)
    j) You will be near Randolf Air Force Base - you see / hear lots of jets (its a pilot training base - or used to be).
    k) The military has a big presence there (Ft. Sam Houston, Randolf Air Force Base, Kelly Air Force Base, Lackland Air Force Base)
    l) There is only 1 dragstrip (in Marion, TX) - you will be near it. Perhaps a :30 minute drive.
    m) You are :90 minutes from Austin - GREAT live music scene!
    Last edited by hflores3; 06-05-2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: error
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

7. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I've always said, your summers are like our winters! Stuck indoors!
    Nah - not really. :-)

Our summers involve rivers, lakes, boating and young women in skimpy bikinis!

When not at the rivers and lakes - our women folk still come out and wear and cool clothing (i.e., short shorts, tank tops, etc.)

I don't know what's in the water there but some of the most beautiful women in the US are in South Texas.

Being married doesn't mean you can't enjoy the sights. :-)
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Henry. I'm staying the hell away from Austin. Toll road will route me around it. As soon as my son moves into his new place I'll take a trip to Waco. I'll be making monthly visits to Houston. I have a friend. ;-)
    Cars and coffee is next Saturday. You can bet I'll be there.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Thanks Henry. I'm staying the hell away from Austin. Toll road will route me around it. As soon as my son moves into his new place I'll take a trip to Waco. I'll be making monthly visits to Houston. I have a friend. ;-)
    Cars and coffee is next Saturday. You can bet I'll be there.
    I will get your "I'm a Texan" paperwork started! :-)
    2009 G8 GT

11. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    I will get your "I'm a Texan" paperwork started! :-)
    A rifle rack in the back window of the G8 will do it!

(Just an observation during many business trips to SA. Really, it was just the pickup trucks and it was a business partner that noticed it)

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    A rifle rack in the back window of the G8 will do it!

(Just an observation during many business trips to SA. Really, it was just the pickup trucks and it was a business partner that noticed it)
    Rifle Rack is "mandatory." State statutes / local ordinance mandate them.
    Last edited by hflores3; 06-09-2017 at 04:47 AM.
    2009 G8 GT