Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A/C not blowing ice cold..

Post Thanks / Like

Default A/C not blowing ice cold..

I've had my car for a few weeks now. The temps finally getting into the 80's so I tried the ac.. it works fine gets cool but takes a while. It just doesn't get cold like I'm used to... I had it running full blast in park and felt the lines, one was hot to the touch but the other really wasn't very cold. Maybe just needs Freon?

Jeremy

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the G8s are 8 yrs old now. I usually find that my cars need a bit of Freon after 5 yrs. Will have to check my G8 in a day or 2 when it suppose to get hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, get yourself some more freon. I used an AC Pro kit and it made a world of difference for a mere $30 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Couple tips if refilling yourself. Make sure it's 100% R134a, no leak seal/sealant. Most will show the contents on the back of the bottle, Additives to make it colder may be ok but not necessary. Also make sure to purge air from the line and don't tip the bottle excessively(12-2o-clock is fine) or it can damage/sludge the comoressor with the car running and ac on...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what the high and low side pressures should be?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    Anyone know what the high and low side pressures should be?
    L 30-45psi H 225-290psi depending on temp/humidity and rpm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. This is now becoming annoying. I took it to an AC guy. He hooked up his guages, read it said it was overfilled. Hooked up his machine to vacuum out the old freon. Filled it with 20.5 oz. Still blows warm... Compressor is spinning, fans are on. High side line is hot but the low side is just barley cool.

Post Thanks / Like

He "thinks" it either the compressor, orfice tube filter clogged or maybe even blend doors not closing all the way? I feel like I'm just wasting money at this point.

What should I do next? I wonder what a dealership would charge to trouble shoot it?

Post Thanks / Like

They are going to charge you an hour at their labor rate. Then whatever the parts are and install time, plus freon.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.