Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Manufacturing DA - A New Chiller

Post Thanks / Like

Finally started the install after 9 months of other life issues to take care of.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if the chiller I have had the PAG oil installed or not draft instructions say to add it. One pic I saw on this thread said PAG added in red ink. Mine does not say this. Also, since the kit has been setting on the bench for 9 months will this affect the lubrication in anyway? - hope not. Suction tap bolt was a bit of a pain to start but did take after I took a break and tried it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight I added new coolant pump, switched from the Bosch to a BMW pump. Also, making brackets for the existing Trans cooler to fit under the expansion coolant tank. My goal is to get this to the dealer by the weekend to add the R134a charge. Thanks to Phil for keeping me rolling after all the time that’s past from my original purchase. Sorry for blowing up your phone these past few days.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Great updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    Tonight I added new coolant pump, switched from the Bosch to a BMW pump. Also, making brackets for the existing Trans cooler to fit under the expansion coolant tank. My goal is to get this to the dealer by the weekend to add the R134a charge. Thanks to Phil for keeping me rolling after all the time that’s past from my original purchase. Sorry for blowing up your phone these past few days.
    More info on bmw pump?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    More info on bmw pump?
    BMW: 17-12-2-284-291

This is a Pierburg CWA-50 pump. Pierburg is also the manufacture of the C6 ZR1 intercooler pump and this one is right on par with it on flow.

You will need a pigtail (Ford: CU2Z-14S411-AYA) and wire it as so...
    image (1).png

Pin 1 goes to ground, 2 is unused, 3 needs to go to a +12v "ON" signal, 4 goes to the Positive Battery (10A fused). (You can also run 3 and 4 together on a fused ignition power.)
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

Post Thanks / Like

yep, that's the pump . ordered form a BMW dealership also design for the M5 I think .

Post Thanks / Like

I'll update with pics once I'm finished.

Post Thanks / Like

picks

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I missed this thread eariler.

Nice work.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes