Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Grrrr8 People!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Grrrr8 People!

I've wanted a G8 since they came out, and I finally purchased my first one almost two months ago. Last week, I had an intermittent lifter failure on the passenger side, and now The driver's side has decided to join in. ☹️ I live in Fort Worth, TX, so I decided to call a local shop with what I have discovered has a great reputation and growing; I called Frankenstein Engineering Dynamics in Weatherford, TX. I talked to Russell over the phone, and man was he a huge help! He got me hooked up with the right parts and even helped me spec a cam since I'm doing a DOD delete. I could not be happier with the quality of customer service and the knowledge base he provided. Even if he didn't have an answer readily available, he knew exactly who to get the info from, and with a fast turnaround. The work on their Stage 1 heads is gorgeous too! Tonight, I'll be stripping all of the fluid reservoirs and wiring harness, so I can pull the motor in the morning. I'll be taking pictures along the way, and I'll post a build thread next week sometime. This is not my first Gen IV to do this to, but it's my first G8 to dive into. I guess you could say I'm diving in head first! I'm excited to be a member of the G8 community now! Hopefully I'll make some new friends here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Jason72 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks G8r thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

6. Thanks G8r thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings...lots of good members here and GL with the build.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

8. Thanks G8r thanked for this post
    Likes G8r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

10. Thanks G8r thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm a lot more confident in this project this time. The first dod delete I did was on my own 5.3 Trailblazer. I did not know what I was getting into before, and I lost a cam bearing 6 months later. This G8 will be my third time doin this, so I'm thinking it's gonna be my best job yet. I learned a lot the first time and more the second, but Russ really helped me fill in some thing that I missed before. I'm pretty stoked!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and hope it all comes together!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

So I started teardown this evening, and Russ showed up with parts in hand to personally deliver them! He even stuck around till 0100am to help out. Wow is all I can say!

IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG