Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifter Death - Rebuild leads to Tuning query

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifter Death - Rebuild leads to Tuning query

In the Engine side I have another thread about my lifter death into engine rework.

09 G8GT - 149K on the clock - engine unmolested - into

DOD delete, LS3 Hot Cam, New parts around - button up and pray.

My main questions to you tuner guys out there:

1)Do any of you happen to have or know of an HP Tuners file set that would work on the LS3/376 crate motors? That is more or less what I'm going to end up with in my car once finished - hopefully.

2) Otherwise does anyone have a 09 GXP automatic base tune that I could download and copy from? As I feel that might well be my best start up option.

3) any suggestions or thoughts of what I should be concerned over. I'm a bit of a noob for tuning and dabbled very little on the g8 when I got it - never really had the time.

OH I have HP Tuners - but need to reload the software and I have the Pro model MVPI device.

Thank you again
    Last edited by -Ray-; 03-11-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record, you will NOT end up with a 476 CI LS3!

Did you look on the HP Tuners site? Sometimes they have tunes on there.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

3. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I said more or less.

I need to look though HP tuners pages but I don't know where my login and other stuff is - and more importantly it's huge.

I was sort of hoping some people here would have something to help me start. I'm also a noob at tuning in general.

I know I don't want this reving as high as an LS3.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction - LS376/480. The GM crate motor.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...ls376-480.html

This is what I meant - not 476 CI.

6. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Correction - LS376/480. The GM crate motor.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...ls376-480.html

This is what I meant - not 476 CI.
    I knew what you meant! I was just giving ya shit!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Found 4 G8 GXP tunes on HPTuners. All are for automatics, 3 are stock, and 1 is a 93 octane tune.

Can I attach it here?

JAM

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one listed as stock.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Denmah posted these. First one is stock.

Second is listed for 93 octane with the following notes:

"increased timing safely, no knock on street drive tests
    leaned out pe enrichment

changed over 100 transmission tables including manual mode tables

grabs rubber in 3rd gear.

increased 20rwhp peak and power everywhere overall
    "

Good luck, I'm afraid I'll be doing this myself one of these days.

JAM
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Thanks Napalm thanked for this post
    Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank y'all so much.

so damn near couldn't get the crank bolt off, broke a exhaust bolt - good thing the heads were coming off anyway - and I just about couldn't find a chain to save me.

but - need to work on getting the front of the engine together. head tightening was a cast iron B. snapped a extension - scared the hell out of me.

need to charge the battery - but otherwise things are going.

13. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Thank y'all so much.

so damn near couldn't get the crank bolt off, broke a exhaust bolt - good thing the heads were coming off anyway - and I just about couldn't find a chain to save me.

but - need to work on getting the front of the engine together. head tightening was a cast iron B. snapped a extension - scared the hell out of me.

need to charge the battery - but otherwise things are going.
    Any questions?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader