Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Heartbeat Magnuson Supercharger Build

Post Thanks / Like

The torque calibration isn't off, look at the axis on the chart. You're going to see different values on the y axis, on one side it'll have the values for horsepower, on the other side it will show torque values. If the two axis were the same they would cross at 5250.
    2009.5 A6 G8 GT
    Stock
    2005 M6 GTO
    Monaro Conversion | Gen TTR Twin Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKINV8 View Post
    The torque calibration isn't off, look at the axis on the chart. You're going to see different values on the y axis, on one side it'll have the values for horsepower, on the other side it will show torque values. If the two axis were the same they would cross at 5250.
    Hi SmokinV8, Well i might as well share the dyno chart. I see your point but still not sure I can read it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting down to the last few replys to this thread, I hope it was informative to folks looking to do a HeartBeat install on their G8. I will post final track times sometime this fall.

Dyno Day was a hot and sticky one in Illinois.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry everyone the dyno Picture is not uploading?

Post Thanks / Like

dynojet numbers.jpg OK, I’ve found a way to upload the picture and I have edited it to take out the "business information only”. I want to know your opinion; is the CAM showing itself along with the replacement heads and free flow exhaust? The Tuner said more power was there passed 6,800 RPM, who knows and who really cares at that point. I realized this sort of data is based on many things. I’m looking for true feedback from all who have any kind of boost in their setup. Was it wrong to post my dyno numbers? Is the TQ in normal range? Any quess what my future trap speed and time will be? looking to post (Oct 15, 2017)
    I understand that dyno numbers are just numbers and what really matters mostly is your time and trap speed, so I hope to finish this thread up with that soon.

note, i have so many people to thank for this upgrade that I hope to send out this information with there approval soon on my final post.
    Last edited by mooredata; 07-31-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Air fuel ratio and timing.

On an honest dyno I think you'll be @ 550 rwhp. As others have said, it is an arbitrary number. Get the the track and your trap speed will tell the true story.
    Not a bad guess. Torque seems a little low, but maybe that's the stall? Again, the timeslip will tell the story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Not a bad guess. Torque seems a little low, but maybe that's the stall? Again, the timeslip will tell the story.
    Yes, I've been wondering about that as well tq seems low. Also why the TQ and HP don't cross at 5250? I have a 3200 SS yank that is a few years old, do you think its time for a change? I was looking at this one

https://www.aceperformance.biz/produ...isk-converter/

cost is really low compared to the stage II and III's.

Post Thanks / Like

No, if you're happy with the way it drives, no need to change it. 60' will tell you how your stall and tires are doing. Trap speed will tell you if it's making the power they dyno says it is. Between now and your track day, procure some drag radials.

Post Thanks / Like

The last few times I ran my 60's where getting slower, from (1.7 to 2.0) this is why I'm thinking it could be slipping more, The turner said it felt good though. I have and used my ET Street Radial P265 /40R18 but would like to move to a 17in tire with more side wall. Also, the rims I use double as my snowtire rims so they are a bit under sized for the width of the ET tire. I agree Unavowed, It's time for a new tire setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. Cruise the for sale section of all the G8, Camaro and V forums for a set of wheels and drag radials. They're out there.