Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting ready to do PPV struts. Spring opinions needed.

Post Thanks / Like

i am not so sure about that my car has 125k on it now and it sure looks to me like my rear has sagged a lot. I feel like if i do shocks and not something with the springs i am going to be repeating this process sooner than later. Not that I don't love working on the car, but I am not one who like redoing things just because.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am not so sure about that my car has 125k on it now and it sure looks to me like my rear has sagged a lot. I feel like if i do shocks and not something with the springs i am going to be repeating this process sooner than later
    If you don't like the way the car is sitting (irregardless of miles), then the time to change the springs is when you have the shocks and struts out. (Clarification: otherwise you'll being doing/paying for the exact same work TWICE)
    Last edited by WhatNext; 03-12-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread sort of just wondering is there a strut mount in the rear looking at ppvs for the rear and want to have everything when I do the job. Also is there a part number I can cross reference

Post Thanks / Like

No strut mount bushing for the rears like you have on the front. Get yourself a paint or grease pen so that you can mark your old and new rear shock to help get it aligned correctly so that you don't have to re compress it and rotate the spring/shock. Take pictures of it in the car and then out of the car before you remove the original. Also the bottom spring perch of the ppv is a little thicker than the fe2 so don't be alarmed if you think it doesn't fit, it'll squeeze on when you release the compressor/put the cars weight back on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect appreciate the help to clarify hopefully get this going in a couple weeks