Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm about to give up on the G8

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They would not have high sale prices on average if they were not worth it.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Give your C-list a try. Did a quick check, there are 131 listed Detroit Metro. Not all GT's, but there are some good buys there. What have you got to lose?
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds clean, a little farther than you want, but, might be worth the trip.

http://g8nation.com/showthread.php?t=45551
    Kevin
    2009 SRM G8 GXP A6 + Roof
    Go
    Vararam CAI
    VMS "Stealth" Dyno Tune
    VMS HSRK
    GTPprix's hacked Atari gauges
    Norris Motorsports Billet Oil Catch Can
    Radical Advantage Trans dipstick
    Blendimount and Invisicord for the V-1
    Doug Thorley LT's

Show
    Tint by Spade Kreations 35% & 20%
    Holden V-6 rad cover courtesy of Crazy Paul
    PB
    12.986 @ 108.78
    R.I.P. Charlie......FUCK Cancer!

Post Thanks / Like

i went to check out the 2009 GT hot white as I mentioned earlier. It was a really nice car. He said a lady owned it and had twins so she wanted a SUV now. Found normal rock chips here and there but nothing bad. Opened the hood and it had a Violant cai. I didn't check the axlebacks but those looked stock. It had the Sport package with th 19" wheels with the red trim leather seats, sunroof. I checked carfax the day before and it showed no wrecks or anything bad. It was sold as a GM certificate vehicle in 2011 and 2014. I did go into engineering mode and Active Fuel Management was "active" so no DoD. Wishful praying that maybe since it was a certified car it had the lifters replaced back then. It has 106k miles which is more than I thought about going with but they were selling it for $12950. The test drive went good but did hear some suspension clunks which is probable the lower control arms. And get that replaced under the recall. I pick it up tomorrow.

5. Likes MongosG8, TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Enjoy the new ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome ..congrats! Welcome to the G8 family!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! On the way home I got the Stability Control warning. No CEL, No reduce power. Got home and scanned. Got C0161 which says brake switch sensor. Is that part of the recall ?

Anyway she drove good on the highway. The active management system is different. You can tell when it drops to 4. I'm gonna have to do an oil change for sure, the cabin filter is nasty. Looks like the plugs haven't been done at the 100k mile maintenance mark. Probably do the tranny fluid change too. Not sure but I read somewhere that the plugs were hard to change. These look easy as pie. Are the stubby plug wires required too?

Post Thanks / Like

If you're gonna do plugs, might be a good time to replace the wires while you're at it. Cabin air filter is an easy swap.
    If you're going to do the trans fluid, look into swapping out your trans pan for the camaro one which is deeper. You can get the pan, filter, and gasket from Greg at Pace very reasonably.
    Last edited by tchr49; 12-31-2016 at 11:38 AM.

10. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Thanks! On the way home I got the Stability Control warning. No CEL, No reduce power. Got home and scanned. Got C0161 which says brake switch sensor. Is that part of the recall ?

Anyway she drove good on the highway. The active management system is different. You can tell when it drops to 4. I'm gonna have to do an oil change for sure, the cabin filter is nasty. Looks like the plugs haven't been done at the 100k mile maintenance mark. Probably do the tranny fluid change too. Not sure but I read somewhere that the plugs were hard to change. These look easy as pie. Are the stubby plug wires required too?

As for the C0161 Brake switch sensor. Other had this same issue in the early years and happened to others over the years. From my understanding its not part of any recall.

IMO ..You can purchase a new sensor or have dealer do it or you can have the dealer preform a break pedal position re-calibration on their T2 scanner. Try that first before spending the money on a new sensor. If that doesn't work replace the sensor.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    If you're gonna do plugs, might be a good time to replace the wires while you're at it. Cabin air filter is an easy swap.
    If you're going to do the trans fluid, look into swapping out your trans pan for the camaro one which is deeper. You can get the pan, filter, and gasket from Greg at Pace very reasonably.

Use a deeper pan then use the longer PF63 oil,filter