Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: what is the best intake manifold

Post Thanks / Like

Default what is the best intake manifold

Hi i am new to this forum and i was wondering what everyone is running for intake on there 6.0 g8 gt modded motor. i want to get a different intake but i have read alot on the fast 102 intake and for the power gains you get im not sure if i want to spend the money. the motor it would go on has a cam ported and polished heads 1 7/8 obx headers with high flow cats, with a roto fab cold air intake the tb and intake on the motor right now are ported and polished i was just wanting seeing what people are running on there cars thanks

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the RickCrawford modified intake, better than the FAST and cheaper.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

3. Likes edmanet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to back tests have proven Ricks intake manifold is superior unless running a shit ton of boost. The difference when I put just that and his TB port on my GT was VERY noticeable with no tune change. My GXP has both as well.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

ok that is what is on the car right now. it also has a rcr ported and polished tb. have any of you had problems with your car setting a p0507 where the car idles in park at around 1000 rpm any ideas on how to solve this.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it could be a vacuum leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I smoke checked it and i never found any leaks ill try it again and see what happens thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The engine is VERY sensitive to any leak so check ALL the fittings including the brake booster line on the rear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ill check it again thanks

Post Thanks / Like

another plus for RIcks ported intakes