Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's everyone's Superchips Cortex settings

Post Thanks / Like

91 octane, 50% shift torque, raised the speed limiter, turned off AFM. Love the way it shifts now. Might try another shift tq. but I'm just gonna wait for the 93 octane and NEP CAI specific tune to be released.
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Summit White. M6 some mods.
    2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition, Red. 42 mpg avg!
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000....many mods. ITBFST-R
    (Tragically gone) 2008 G8 GT Black on black, Prem., sunroof.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my initial impressions of the 93 octane performance tune vs. the 87 octane tune, both with 50% shift torque, after a 5 mile drive:

1) The car seems to have quite a bit more torque right off idle and part throttle.

2) The shifts seem to be a bit smoother, especially on the 2-3 shift

3) I couldn't do any full throttle upshifts because it started raining pretty hard, but I did floor it in 2nd and 3rd in manual mode before it got too slick. The throttle response is noticeably better than before but the car seemed a bit down on power. As stated above, I have been running 87 octane. I had about 2 gallons left when I filled with 93, so it may be that the octane level of the blend isn't quite where it needs to be for the tune and it was pulling timing. I would expect to see a nice power increase with the 93 octane tune, but it definitely isn't there right now.

4) I agree with SRG963 that the AFM settings seem to have been changed. My car seemed to stay in 4 cyl. mode longer at a 40-45 mph cruise. I'll get a better feel for that tomorrow during my commute (80 mile round trip, 90% highway).
    Last edited by z51l9889; 03-18-2009 at 04:16 PM.
    09 Stryker Blue GT -- Solo HFC's and V2 catback, VCM Intake, HSRK
    89 Corvette -- Currently R.I.P. (Resting in Pieces)

Post Thanks / Like

What does torque shift setting exactly do? If you are looking for better MPG and a smoother ride what setting would you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    What does torque shift setting exactly do? If you are looking for better MPG and a smoother ride what setting would you use?
    As you increase that percentage removed the shifts will get more and more firm. I would think if you want smoother ride and better mpg that just loading the performance tune you want and leave shift performance alone would produce the best results.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Speed raised, Shift points raised, afm disabled 50% shift torque are my settings. Good for DD and decent for roll races. Tried it at 150% Shift torque and my car didnt like it. Cruising at 65 mph and would throw it into sport mode, car instantly went into limp mode. Was weird because it was only when i downshifted either manually or sport.