Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: My hunt for the 9s

Post Thanks / Like

Default My hunt for the 9s

Well last weekend Saturday I made it out to Great Lakes Drag way.. I was going with a full car 2 kids 1 wife 1 car seat and all there junk. 75 miles to the driving the car there and back. I bolted up my slicks once at the track. and let the car sit to cool down. made my first pass and boy was i shocked. I did not know how the car would hook so i was lazy and easy out of the hole and the car hooked and booked. i ended up going a 10.766 @137.38 with a 1.90 60foot

well after 2 passes in the 10.18 range and track prep was not there with 139 mph i figured i would park the car and watch a few others for a few.

Well after about 45 mins the track was closing and i noticed some one i knew was at the track with there chevy ss with a lsa and more work. we both got in the lanes and we both where able to get a side by side race. well i tryed to come out of the whole better this time and managed to pull off a 10.13 @140.36 mph with a still lazy 1.51 60.
    Click this bar to view the full image.

YouTube (Short URL)https://youtu.be/XiRkPYrdZpA

Mods are
    Straight line perf Custom S.D Tune And Rick Crawford Trans tune
    6.0 With rods and Pistons
    heads are just Good valve springs
    Cam custom grind
    Tvs 2300 maggie with cog and 2.90 pulley with 8 rib belt setup From Innovations west RDS spacer plate ported lower intake by myself
    Roto fab chevy ss 4in intake needs a custom 5in bad
    ngk tr7 non projected tip plugs
    E85 with fore twin 450 fuel pumps and vaporworz e85 pump module
    8an from pump to rail returnless with a flex fuel sensor
    American racing headers and x pipe to magnaflow cat back no cutouts
    Adam Cooper Ace performance 6l80 HD trans
    stock zl1 converter
    Camaro 3.45 diff yes this needs to go i had to use 5th gear at the track
    and full weight

Here is pics and Vids
    I really hope to be in the 9s with a gear change and better 60 to be in the 9s
    Last edited by 98blueSScamaro; 10-15-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    forged bottom ported heads 614/624 222/238 cam tvs2300 cog setup 8 rib pulleys tr7 non projected tips msd bap fuel system fic1000 injectors e85 ARH 1&7/8's headers and x pipe magnaflow mufflers Camaro diff v8 supercar coil overs vig 2800 triple disc

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Man - just noticed this post. That is a hard charging G8!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Man - just noticed this post. That is a hard charging G8!
    It's incredible to think where these cars were a few years ago to now there are a handful deep into the 9s. Incredible.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

That's crazy MPH for that heavy of a car.. Updates??