Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: contact dealer code

Post Thanks / Like

Read the code and fix what it says is wrong.
    Probably a bad sensor or something simple.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Not A G6 View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing, what did yours end up being? Everything keeps disabling. i unhooked battery nothing. i unplugged transmission plug right above transmission pan, plugged it back in and put battery cable back on and it fired right up drove it 7 miles and contact dealer came back up and the dash and everything went to 0. Car was still moving and running but dash was flickering, RPM/MPH bouncing all around and doors started locking and unlocking and dash was saying car was in park even tho i was going down the road. i was limited to 1st and 2nd gear. when i got home and shut it off it was back to a no start condition again with red x, trac control disabled, very low fuel (even tho i have half a tank), and no power to anything showing under engineering mode. temperature and engine oil life even say 0. The only way i can get the car to start back up is if i unhook battery, get under car, turn and unplugged transmission plug and plug it right back in, the problem is this only buys me a few mins to get the car moved and it eventually goes back to a no start condition soon as i shut it off. anyone please help!! i need to get it to dealer to see whats up but i afraid i will end up stuck on the side of the road or hurt something further. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Have you tried checking the plug at the ECM? It's under the fuse box. BTW, you can use a tow truck to get it to a dealer. I've done that a few times.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Read the code and fix what it says is wrong.
    Probably a bad sensor or something simple.
    I cant read any codes it says ecm is not connected. I can unplug transmission and plug it back in and car fires right up and drives normal, I then can hook code reader up to it but it says no code is found and all is well. it doesn't have any codes nor does it have any check engine lights on. Its going into limp mode i think but Im not sure why. I believe its a limp (protect mode) because the car wont rev up when in park. You can mash it and throttle doesn't respond only idles. Once you put it in gear and the red X comes up you are limited to second gear and will only go about 20mph and wont shift, not even in manual. Other people have had this same problem on here just wish they would comment on what it end up being and how it was fixed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Have you tried checking the plug at the ECM? It's under the fuse box. BTW, you can use a tow truck to get it to a dealer. I've done that a few times.
    I did unplug ecm and try that, no luck. My Genisus code reader wont pick up anything. Only thing that works is to unplug transmission and back in. Unfortunately I live almost an hour from a GM dealership and in the middle of the country. I was hoping since others have had this same problem i could get it fixed or an idea of whats wrong without taking it to the stealership. I also do not have much faith in our dealership. Dealt with them a few times on other issues and end up fixing problems myself. I would most likely would have to take it to Indy dealership to get someone good :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Not A G6 View Post
    I did unplug ecm and try that, no luck. My Genisus code reader wont pick up anything. Only thing that works is to unplug transmission and back in. Unfortunately I live almost an hour from a GM dealership and in the middle of the country. I was hoping since others have had this same problem i could get it fixed or an idea of whats wrong without taking it to the stealership. I also do not have much faith in our dealership. Dealt with them a few times on other issues and end up fixing problems myself. I would most likely would have to take it to Indy dealership to get someone good :/
    I just moved from Indiana. Don't know where you are at. You can contact Jason Moore at Bill Estes GMC/Buick if you are near. It's in Lebanon off I65.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

That sure is common with PCM P060X codes,some scanners wont read internal memory codes, but a Tech 2 does
    2009.5 G8 GT Maverick Silver;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,
    Vararam,Holden badge kit, Kooks 1 7/8, VMS Tuned
    2009 White Hot/Red G8 GT;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,,Holden badges,Kooks 1 7/8, Maggie TVS 1900,VMS Tuned. Injection is great but i love being blown!
    2001 Trans Am WS6 NBM/Camel, 6spd. 21K Miles
    2001 G/P GT= beater

Post Thanks / Like

^ what TA427 said. You need a better reader.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885