Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Just an inquiry, G8 GT vs E46 M3 vs SUBARU STI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just an inquiry, G8 GT vs E46 M3 vs SUBARU STI

I have a couple of co workers that race each other every night on their way home. I just purchased my g8 2 months ago and am still getting used to it while they start to trash talking me.

The STI owner likes to brake boost before racing the M3 every time they race, when he brake boosts, he beats the M3, but if the m3 doesnt give him time for brake boost, the m3 walks the subie.

As for the trash talking, its usually "why did you buy such a slow pig of a car?"

Im asking hypothetically because if i did race them, it would only be from a dig, but they only like to do rolls, so i dont think its going to heppen, not to mention that i dont like big tickets/getting arrested

So as a hypothetical, who do you think would win?
    Stock m3
    Subaru sti with full exhaust and tune, or my car in the sig?
    09 G8 GT Magnetic Grey Metallic (Evoke metallic) VARARAM CAI, Dyno tune.

"But officer, its only a four cylinder... sometimes"

Post Thanks / Like

What year m3 and subbie? You're probably +/- .2 of 5 sec with the intake and tune.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

13 subie
    04 m3

Post Thanks / Like

I think you could get the m3 from a dig. Sti is going to be a tough race everywhere with tune.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll keep up with both of them. STI's are not all that impressive after 60mph, it's the AWD that gives them a great advantage on the start but then they fall off. From a dig the STI will get you early but you'll pull on it, the M3 should be no problem. I wouldn't risk it though on the streets, it's always better to do it at a track. It's definitely not worth the ticket or trouble involved.

6. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, probably wont ever happen just because i dont bakery race and they dont run from a dig, i was just curious about all of your thoughts, thank you... i would eventually like to take my car to a track, but i still have a few more maintenance things to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude just have fun, that's what they are doing. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose. Too many people are about winning, and beep beep beep racing. Just go and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Once she's all maintenanced up, catch those boys off guard. Invite them to whatever dragstrip is closest. See who has the guts to show up.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Post Thanks / Like

You will take the M3 but not the STI, I have tried with your same mods and lost