Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P0449 and P0455

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    AH

question then - if in the area and with cradle dropped - would you not also take the time to drop the tank - and replace the fuel filter?
    I suppose if it needed to be done...That's like my wife saying "since we are replacing the stove, we should re-tile the kitchen
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

2. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
    I suppose if it needed to be done...That's like my wife saying "since we are replacing the stove, we should re-tile the kitchen
    well I wouldn't go quite that far.

just figured if you have some miles on there (im at 139K right now) it might be a good idea to clean that out so you're not back there again in the next 20.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I need help. I thought I knew where the thing is. I found something kinda similar on the passenger side to the canister that others have posted and have pictured in my hand, but the one on the car is smaller in diameter and has two lines attached to it. This replacement has just one port for a line. Where is this thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I figured out how to make the code go away without replacing anything. I read that an open circuit in the valve will set the code right away. So, I shorted the connector. I only clears the code and checked it again, and it didn't come back right away like it was. How long do you think I could drive like this without another code popping up?
    Attached Images Attached Images

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't want to fry anything, like my car, so I just plugged it back in. Would it be cheaper to have a dealer replace the canister if I provide the right part, or by a tuner that can disable the code?

And if I get a tuner that can disable it like an HPTuner, and didn't want to try doing my own custom tune, could I disable the code, then use my existing SC Cortex over the top of that?

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Well, I figured out how to make the code go away without replacing anything. I read that an open circuit in the valve will set the code right away. So, I shorted the connector. I only clears the code and checked it again, and it didn't come back right away like it was. How long do you think I could drive like this without another code popping up?
    so had I not fixed mine very easily with a new gas cap I too would have tried something like that a few years ago.

Nothing really wrong with it just you will vent some fuel vapors. Which is evil just like the PCV system. If you can keep the light off the car should be just fine without it.

evidenced by the fact that you can drive the car just fine for ever with the code lit in the system - you just can't use remote start. and that light gets annoying.

As far as what you did - nothing wrong with that perse but I would do a few things.

Option 1 - get the corresponding plug type that is the female version - - jumper the pins together - use that seal plug in place - coat/cover all wiring for wet/dirty conditions. IE like how the car was built.

Option 2 - make your jumper again but this time coat the wire - then shrink wrap it if you can or use quality electrical tape and secure the harness up and out of the way such that it won' tfall into moving parts etc.

In theory though nothing wrong with your idea. I do think however you would end up needing a resisor in that line, I don't know if it is purely an , on or off - situation.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I measured and there was battery voltage across the pins, so I didn't want the paperclip getting hot and melting something, particularly near fuel vapor lines.

I have stuff for heat shrink. I found the later 09 valve and ordered it. If for some reason I can't get it installed, I'll rig up a bypass.

Winter-wear:

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this pop up recently. Made sure I ordered the 09 part and had my local shop install it for 100 bucks. They looked at the normal procedure about dropping the whole cradle and all that, then said "Hell no we're not doing it that way." Dropped the passenger side down a bit and were able to reach it that way.

Good to know there's shops out there than work smart and don't over-bill the customers.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Noob View Post
    I had this pop up recently. Made sure I ordered the 09 part and had my local shop install it for 100 bucks. They looked at the normal procedure about dropping the whole cradle and all that, then said "Hell no we're not doing it that way." Dropped the passenger side down a bit and were able to reach it that way.

Good to know there's shops out there than work smart and don't over-bill the customers.
    Bob, I have a feeling mine is the same way. I am ordering a cap, but a new valve might be in order. Which p/n did you go with? I'll have to check mine.

Fun times.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting on a new GM cap to be delivered. Hope that fixes mine, but my luck usually does not run that way.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.