Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: DIY AEM pumps in CTS-V module

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY AEM pumps in CTS-V module

After taking a look at this thread, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181962, I decided that there shouldn't be any reason that two of these shouldn't fit in a CTS-V module since they are the same physical size as the stock pumps, and I was right!!

First a couple of disclaimers:

You'll have to modify your housing in such a way that you will not be able to reverse the process and use the stock pumps again, this is the process that worked for me but I will not be held responsible if it does not work for you or if you f-up along the way.

You will need to upgrade your feed line to -8 to see the full benefit.

The 320lph pumps will not fit, only the 310lph, part number 50-1210.

First step is to pull your pump and get it to this point, nothing overly difficult, just make sure to gently pry the filter to get it to release, don't wreck that thing.

The AEM pump is a little larger diameter than the stock pump so you'll have to open up the area that the pump fits in by removing these bumps, there are some on the other side as well. Keep test fitting until it slides in easily.

Next, cut off the top half of each ring down to the part that actually ties back into the rest of the housing.

These two tabs will need to be removed next.

Then you'll need to create some notches to allow the AEM electrical connector to snap all the way in. You'll see in a moment why we do this rather than cut the tabs off the connector. This will take a bit of trial and error to get right, keep test fitting the pump until you get it right.

Now time to get the pumps ready for installation. Take the white O-Ring support and cut one of the notches in it the rest of the way through, this is to allow it to slip over the barb on the end of the AEM pumps.

I didn't take any pictures of this, but put the spacer on then the oring, it should sit just below the barb and touch the spacer. Lube it up real good and shove it in, make sure it seats all the way.

After taking a look at this thread, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181962, I decided that there shouldn't be any reason that two of these shouldn't fit in a CTS-V module since they are the same physical size as the stock pumps, and I was right!!

First a couple of disclaimers:

You'll have to modify your housing in such a way that you will not be able to reverse the process and use the stock pumps again, this is the process that worked for me but I will not be held responsible if it does not work for you or if you f-up along the way.

You will need to upgrade your feed line to -8 to see the full benefit.

The 320lph pumps will not fit, only the 310lph, part number 50-1210.

First step is to pull your pump and get it to this point, nothing overly difficult, just make sure to gently pry the filter to get it to release, don't wreck that thing.

The AEM pump is a little larger diameter than the stock pump so you'll have to open up the area that the pump fits in by removing these bumps, there are some on the other side as well. Keep test fitting until it slides in easily.

Next, cut off the top half of each ring down to the part that actually ties back into the rest of the housing.

These two tabs will need to be removed next.

Then you'll need to create some notches to allow the AEM electrical connector to snap all the way in. You'll see in a moment why we do this rather than cut the tabs off the connector. This will take a bit of trial and error to get right, keep test fitting the pump until you get it right.

Now time to get the pumps ready for installation. Take the white O-Ring support and cut one of the notches in it the rest of the way through, this is to allow it to slip over the barb on the end of the AEM pumps.

I didn't take any pictures of this, but put the spacer on then the oring, it should sit just below the barb and touch the spacer. Lube it up real good and shove it in, make sure it seats all the way.

Then it should all go back together the opposite as it came apart. Make sure the filter doesn't fall off as your are re-assembling, chances are it won't fit right if it does fall off. and make sure the little ground wire on both pumps are exposed.

Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Post Thanks / Like

still going strong
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3