Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 G8 and 2011-2013 Caprice - Seat Belt recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008-2009 G8 and 2011-2013 Caprice - Seat Belt recall

Hey, apparently we have another recall.

2009 Pontiac G8 SEAT BELTSNHTSA Campaign #15V399000
    Date Announced:JUNE 23, 2015http://www.carcomplaints.com/Pontiac/G8/2009/recalls/
    Vehicles Affected:47,042

Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Chevrolet Caprice vehicles manufactured October 15, 2010, to October 22, 2013, and 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 vehicles manufactured July 25, 2007, to February 18, 2009. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cables that connect the seat belts to the vehicle at the outside of the driver seat and the front passenger seat may be bent from being sat on while entering the vehicle. This repeated bending may result in the cable breaking.

Consequence: If the cable breaks, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.

Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the seat belt tensioner assembly which includes the steel cable, free of charge. These replacement parts reposition the tensioner cable out of the path of entry into the vehicle and uses a more flexible cable, set at a more upright angle. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. GM's number for this recall is 15206. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V399000 »

Another link:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...rod_ids=451785
    Last edited by williamGT; 07-19-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Panther metallic black, Onyx/Red interior.
    Roto-Fab intake, Doug Thorley shorty headers, catless, Solo mach exhaust, GXP front bumper, GXP rear diffuser, Roto-Fab Rad cover, Billet Prototypes oil catch can, GTPprix hacked atari gauge, Powerbond UDP and Camaro deep trans pan, AeroForce Interceptor gauge with cubby pod, GXP FE3 Struts/Shocks, GXP Transmission AUX Cooler and Jannetty Racing Transmission Dipstick.

2009 G8 GT was paid off on June 6th 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great... I wonder if I can get them to fix this without changing my ignition key.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Great... I wonder if I can get them to fix this without changing my ignition key.
    Thought the same thing Len ..trying to avoid the ignition BS. The dealer did say you can sign a paper saying you refuse the ignition recall.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

You can wave the key recall. I did when they asked me. They didn't try and make me do anything if that's what your worried about.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

5. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the answer to my question I just asked in the key recall thread is here.. I'll have to remember to decline if I ever take the G8 into the Dealer again.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

That recall takes forever. Took the shop almost two hours to get it done. Geesh!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the seat belt recall done today. Took almost 4 hrs.

Looking at the paper work, something interesting: "ADDT'L TIME REQ'D TO REMOVE & INSTALL POLICE EQUIPMENT .3 HOURS"

Was already in the parking lot when I saw this so didn't ask. Anyone know what this is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    Had the seat belt recall done today. Took almost 4 hrs.

Looking at the paper work, something interesting: "ADDT'L TIME REQ'D TO REMOVE & INSTALL POLICE EQUIPMENT .3 HOURS"

Was already in the parking lot when I saw this so didn't ask. Anyone know what this is?
    No clue. You add anything?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Only a 12 ga pump, just kidding. Nothing added by me. G8 was new from this dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    Only a 12 ga pump, just kidding. Nothing added by me. G8 was new from this dealer.
    Very odd. I'd ask because I'd wanna know. Lol
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.