Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever found a good replacement wiper blade?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some Trico Force wiper blades for my GXP. They work awesome. They were about $40 for the pair off of amazon.

26" Driver's side: http://www.amazon.com/Trico-25-260-F...o+force+25-260

15" Passenger's Side: http://www.amazon.com/Trico-25-150-F...o+force+25-150
    Last edited by terryscott621; 04-08-2015 at 07:55 AM.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

2. Thanks pokey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I replaced mine last week with Trico Tech Beam Blades. They seem to work pretty well. 26" & 15"

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use stock replacements and the goodyears from Costco generally.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Last month I bought the OEM's from the local Chevrolet dealer, $22. Work great with plenty of rain testing.

Post Thanks / Like

What dealer was that, good price
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I go a set of the TRICO Onyx blades. They ended up being free with a coupon code I had from Advance Auto after the purchase of so other parts so I thought they were worth a shot. I'll post how they work if I ever get stuck in the rain.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

8. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bringing back an older thread.. I bought the Trico Force blades. I wish I went with OEM. OEM were not exciting they just worked and looked nice. The Trico Force for me are bigger than OEM where they attach to the arm and they skip when in use.

As I went 7 years on the last set I guess I only have to listen to that skipping for 7 more years!
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    Bringing back an older thread.. I bought the Trico Force blades. I wish I went with OEM. OEM were not exciting they just worked and looked nice. The Trico Force for me are bigger than OEM where they attach to the arm and they skip when in use.

As I went 7 years on the last set I guess I only have to listen to that skipping for 7 more years!
    I use Trico exclusively on all three of my vehicles and don't have skipping issues. Did you clean your windshield? I usually clay mine. I also buy the best Trico's and they fit and look great. Trico is actually OEM on many vehicles.

I also SWEAR by Adams Glass Sealant. It's like Rain-X but IMO it's better. My wipers ALWAYS skipped with Rain-x and I NEVER have that issue with Adams. ??? I drive in the rain on the interstate and don't use my wipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

11. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if you'll clay bar your windshield, you'll see a huge difference. I just put a set of Trico Force on mine and love them. No skip and clean great. I'll never buy a different kind again. I had a set of AC Delco on it and the sucked after 6 months.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the head's up.. not sure when I've cleaned my window last. I'll give that a try.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!