Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FlashXpress help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FlashXpress help!!

I get the FlashXpress system this afternoon. I plug the usb cable into my computer. It goes through the steps, I click finsish and says it's ready to go, so I thought. However..... When i try to find the file.... its no where to be found. I've restarted the computer, plugged, unplugged the usb cable and nothing. There is warning taped to the usb (insert CD-Rom before connecting the usb cable) what's the deal with that. I know this is the first step, but shit.... Am I such an idiot, that I've fu**ed it up already? Can't save a file if I can't find it. Someone help.

Thanks Luke G.

If someone wants to PM me and is intersted in helping me, I'll send you my phone number. Thanks
    2009 Panther Black Metallic
    Premium/Sport/Sunroof
    SLP LT Headers w/ HF Cats, Magnaflow Catback, RotoFab CAI, VMS ECM/TCM "Stealth" 91 Octane Tune, PB 25% UPD, 35% front, 5% back/rear "Formula One Ceramic Tint", Debadged (Added V-badge), Holden Centre Wheel Caps, Moblil 1 Synthetic Oil

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck me dude, this is the third thread on this that I've seen.. Did you read the directions? You have to create the file, then you send it to Vector, then they send you back a new one which you then write to your car.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You did name the file right? It may be in saved files, look vectors assigned name in files.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09PBMGT View Post
    I get the FlashXpress system this afternoon. I plug the usb cable into my computer. It goes through the steps, I click finsish and says it's ready to go, so I thought. However..... When i try to find the file.... its no where to be found. I've restarted the computer, plugged, unplugged the usb cable and nothing. There is warning taped to the usb (insert CD-Rom before connecting the usb cable) what's the deal with that. I know this is the first step, but shit.... Am I such an idiot, that I've fu**ed it up already? Can't save a file if I can't find it. Someone help.

Thanks Luke G.

If someone wants to PM me and is intersted in helping me, I'll send you my phone number. Thanks

Ok, start at the beginning. Did you download the files from the USB Memory Stick?

If yes, did you plug the cable into the computer after doinng the memory stick?

If yes, did you upload the ECM/TCM files from the car to your computer?

Where are you at in the process?
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

He should be set - just got off the phone with'm
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    He should be set - just got off the phone with'm
    Thanks Steve. I was gonna do that as soon as I finished eating.

Post Thanks / Like

I am like...o..l..d..

Because I had to borrow a laptop... I kinda got panicky ....(only 48 hrs to return th FlashExpress to Vector) ...since it was owned by the U of Iowa....

I followed Vector's instructions. In fact I powered the laptop with AC power because of their warnings... Download was easy. (MY MISTAKE WAS TO TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT INTO MY DESKTOP AND SEND IT TO VECTOR>>) Doesn't work!!!!!!

When I went direct from my friends laptop to Kirk... I had the files back in 20 min. and into my G8 immediately...

Moral of the story - YOU NEED A LAPTOP - AND- TRUST VECTOR... MY PROBLEM... Not theirs!

CAR ROCKS!

RRM
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Fuck me dude, this is the third thread on this that I've seen.. Did you read the directions? You have to create the file, then you send it to Vector, then they send you back a new one which you then write to your car.
    No more threads on this, I promise. Steve helped me out (Thanks Steve). I did read the directions.... I'm somewhat computer handicapped, however. In my haste to take the cables out of the package, I overlooked the memory stick sitting at the bottom. Important component........I'm a fucking dumbass. Oh well, once I had all the necessary parts, everything else was breeze. Files have been sent to Vector...... Crisis averted! Thanks gentlemen and take care!
    Luke
    2009 Panther Black Metallic
    Premium/Sport/Sunroof
    SLP LT Headers w/ HF Cats, Magnaflow Catback, RotoFab CAI, VMS ECM/TCM "Stealth" 91 Octane Tune, PB 25% UPD, 35% front, 5% back/rear "Formula One Ceramic Tint", Debadged (Added V-badge), Holden Centre Wheel Caps, Moblil 1 Synthetic Oil

Post Thanks / Like

HOLD IT THERE!!!!

We all make mistakes....

Woudda...shouddda.coudda...

Some days I say " SHOOT ME P)LEASE!!!!"

No comment on wife's say....

RRM
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

Well, don't speak too soon! I have the Flashxpress ordered am awaiting it's arrival. I will, no doubt, need help on the computer side! I have no clue when it comes to computers.