Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 09 G8 GT MGM Ride Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Got my coil covers, should I do orange or body color?

20140904_164630 by grandprix06gt, on Flickr
    Last edited by 09G8GTMGM; 09-04-2014 at 01:39 PM.

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

I went with red, so in your case I'd say go orange.

Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

3. Likes Kermit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    I went with red, so in your case I'd say go orange.

Sick man. That looks goooood

09 G8 GT MGM, Kooks Midlength Headers, Rotofab, MagnaFlow Mid Muffler, Solo Performance JPipes & 3.5" Tips, Pat G Tune, RCR 219/223 .612.615 112+1, Trunion Upgrade,, Quad Retrofit w. Amber Halos, Custom IPad HU Install, MM CF Grilles, Gxp Diffuser, BC Coilovers, Brembos All Around, Orange/Onyx SW & Shifter

5. Thanks LDM thanked for this post
    Likes Blown396 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some 4d vinyl off ebay, 24"x60" for 15 bucks. I figured I'd wrap some stuff with it. It's so easy and pretty fun lol. These took me 30 mins or less. Might do a little more eventually, these were the easiest pieces to pop off lol.

Vinyl wrap trim by grandprix06gt, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up these bad boys today. All I need is some front rotors and I'm gonna grab some ss brake lines. Also need to fix the brake line crossover on the caliper. I can't find a place that sells em. Only for the front of the ctsv, so I may have to get some made.

Ctsv rears by grandprix06gt, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Got my front rotors today and some Russell ss braided lines with speed bleeders . I still need to fix the crossover tube on the rear caliper n paint then orange before installation.

Ss brake lines, black camaro brembo rotors by grandprix06gt, on Flickr

9. Likes Blown396 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a rotofab radiator cover today as well as an electric impact. I went to assemble my stock springs and new struts on the gp the other day and my compressor has gone to shit n won't hold the psi for anything. Figured this is a lot more convenient also. 40 bucks with tax from good old harbor frieght with a 25% off coupon.

Blurry cut off pic from phone inside cabin. Over 25 ft away.

Post Thanks / Like

This is also mine from my other thread. Video included.

So I bought this new Android radio from a place in China, so far only one person bought it and the heat knob adjustments weren't working correctly. They would only work in auto mode since it's canbus and all integrated in with the hvac. So I took the leap and bought one hoping for a simple solution, or I could live with it being stuck in auto. The owner then emailed me once it was shipped, saying that he included a new canbus module and saying that they should work correctly now. So hopefully I have time for install by this weekend. This thing is sweet as hell though, it had DVD, cd, Bluetooth, comes with GPS module, front and rear cameras, FaceTime camera, gps, wifi Bluetooth and elm 327, everything. It's pretty much an android tablet built in with everything, it comes rooted and can be wifi hotspotted or tethered. It can run apps and mirror my phone and play youtube videos, or anything that's playing on my phone, including the screen.

VIDEO!
    G8 Android Radio w/ HVAC Integration: http://youtu.be/iO4hzEjVWEg

G8 Android Radio by grandprix06gt, on Flickr

Packaging

Unpackaged

Bluetooth obd2, GPS module

cameras

Harness

Faceplate

Post Thanks / Like

So last night I got the chance to aim everything, they turned out super good! Here's some pics.

G8 Quad Retrofit Aiming by grandprix06gt, on Flickr
    Here's my brembos ready to go on

Hid in stock housing left, mini h1 6.0 right

Hid stock housing with highs

Both mini h1 6.0 aimed (lows)

All 4 projectors on and aimed. Mini h1 6.0 and fxr 3.0

Just a little bright

Sneak peak of what they'll be like

20140927_221635 by grandprix06gt, on Flickr
    Now I need to attach the shrouds, mount the halos, complete all the wiring and try to make it as neat as possible, and seal them up. Then I will have to re attach them to the car and get them aligned again since the headlight can be fastened by just a little off.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got these almost finished up today. I need to seal em, then wire them all up and install. They look sweet!

G8 Quad Retrofit by grandprix06gt, on Flickr