Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to put native E85 on your G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker47 View Post
    Not sure if these are PTFE lined. Physically they would work but venturing into unknowns with E85 capability.
    I've heard it both ways, but scientifically why would E10 behave differently than E85? It would seem to me that anything that can handle one can handle the other. A LOT of what I've seen making people thing that E85 can cause issues is because they think Methanol and ethanol are both corrosive... which isn't the case.
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 06-30-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Old mates in Australia just finished a video on it, the first as overview of points raised in epic thread on performance forums
    Compression is King. Race-built VVT brawler hauler with Stingray tune.

Supernaturally as-pirated, all-alcohol, all-motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thread, thanks for the information.

I just did this in my high compression cammed G8 and the SOTP gains are unbelievable. Running E50 and it's spinning all the way to 70 mph through 2nd gear in 80 degree weather now. It usually just did a bit of a bark on 93 then hooked. I'm going to up the compression to over 12:1 next year when I port the heads.

My only issue is my DIC readout is saying over 20 mpg. No way that is correct, so I must have missed a table somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker47 View Post
    Resurrecting...

Thought I'd add my solution. I went for the same setup from the firewall to the sensor as Greg, but used a oem C5 fuel line from the sensor to the rail. It's braided, PTFE lined, and uses the stock locking clips. They can be bought on the cheap.

Did it this way too, saved some $.
    Last edited by gr8g8; 05-24-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    Awesome thread, thanks for the information.

I just did this in my high compression cammed G8 and the SOTP gains are unbelievable. Running E50 and it's spinning all the way to 70 mph through 2nd gear in 80 degree weather now. It usually just did a bit of a bark on 93 then hooked. I'm going to up the compression to over 12:1 next year when I port the heads.

My only issue is my DIC readout is saying over 20 mpg. No way that is correct, so I must have missed a table somewhere.
    Yeah it's fantastic, "pliable" torque because it pulls more from down low without knock.
    High MPG and the low price of Flex definitely makes high comp a sensible upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
    Yeah it's fantastic, "pliable" torque because it pulls more from down low without knock.
    High MPG and the low price of Flex definitely makes high comp a sensible upgrade.
    Finished the switch several weeks ago. Get the parts from Greg and follow this thread and it's easy.
    I'm having the same problem with the DIC reading. I'm running full e85, and I know it's reading high.
    No way am I getting the mileage it's telling me I am.
    Anyone have input on how to get it to read correctly?
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Are you able to log sae.alch_pct or notice commanded change to AFR / lambda?
    Have you flagged Flex Fuel option in the tune (and activated the tables)?
    Which OS are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

For a simple fuel line to sensor connector, try this racetronix coupler http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...8F38CL&eq=&Tp=

It's 3/8s QD to 3/8s QD with lock nuts and dual viton seals.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    For a simple fuel line to sensor connector, try this racetronix coupler http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...8F38CL&eq=&Tp=

I like that!
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post

That is awesome! I did my conversion at the beginning of August and had a hard time getting my an fittings to seal correctly. This would've been nice to have, and I might go ahead an get one to clean up the look of my installation. Thanks!