Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: manual conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered my pedals and want to attempt this swap pretty bad. Now where can I source a transmission for less then 5k, that's how much they are on gmpartsdirect or similar websites. I'm very new to the forum and come from a mustang background so please keep in mind this is all new to me. The parts list is very helpful but those prices are way lower then what I'm seeing searching around.

My car is 2009 g8 gt PSM if that helps with wondering on what year I want to attempt this on. I have a question, when the bcm changes to the conversion one will that eliminate the indicators (DNR) on the instrument panel? Will the remote start function still be active. Can some body give me insight on all this please.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
    MOE

Post Thanks / Like

You can't have remote start with a manual transmission. Huge liability.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    You can't have remote start with a manual transmission. Huge liability.
    You can. I had it on a manual car before. I don't recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    You can. I had it on a manual car before. I don't recommend it.
    Neutral safety switch...

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is a natural safety on the tr6060.
    The system uses the clutch sensor.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please explain how to flash in the Holden commodore manual transmission?
    I just bought an hptuner and have been searching online how to do this and it seems like this needs to be done in the “segment swap” tab in hptuner but the tab is shaded gray and won’t let me click on it. I’m guessing this is because the OS’s rnt the same but even if I find the same OS as my 09 G8 in the hptuner repository, there’s no transmission file to copy. Help would be appreciated so I can get the manual swap started.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It's a segment swap.
    I didn't do it myself but what Pat told me was he used an 08 holden base, swapped Vinson and tuned for my cam and rear gear and all that.
    Maybe try and do that.

Also you need to make sure the bcm is flashed with manual tune before you do the ecu. If not you will not be able to load the manual segmented tune in the ecu unless the bcm sees the tcm.

I would strongly recommend you get a new bcm flashed so you have both auto and manual bcm you can go back and forth.
    If you did have a problem you can sit the auto trans by the car. Plug the auto harness into the ecm and transmission then jump the grounds to the chassis and it will allow you to load the tune.

If you still have e trouble pm me and I can send you my tune. I have efi live so I dunno if it will work but I believe I still have the HP tune loaded from another 08 Manual swap.
    Or contact Pat G and email him your tune and he can swap it all around then you tune it from there.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sick!! =D

Post Thanks / Like

Started my swap yesterday. Got my tune modded by Tad Banzuelo (was tuner for Haddad Motorsports - now works with Superior in Placentia). I flashed it yesterday no problem. Pulled the BCM to mail to Chris White tomorrow. I'm keeping my factory brake pedal. Measured and cut the pad yesterday to fit the clutch pedal cover. Worked great. On the list today is to pull the brake booster and install the clutch pedal. Then put her up on blocks and start removing stuff. Fun, fun!
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT, VMS 1.5 DoD Delete and Tunes, Vararam CAI, Kooks Mid-length Headers, AEM Wide Band O2, high-flow cats, Corsa Catback exhaust, M6 conversion, MGW Shifter, GXP Diff 3.70

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds awesome. I give props for doing this.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT