Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: manual conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Can u make a YouTube video with all this info no one has tried to make one yet I'd really like to do this swap in my car but need more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I'm not going to take my car apart and put it back together to make a video.

It's really not that hard of a conversion. If you feel confident enough to replace a transmission you can do this.
    The only thing that is not directly bolt in is the clutch pedal mount witch needs the holes drilled.
    The picture of the markings will make that very easy once you see the plate and where I took the measurements.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

2 years later here I am with 240k miles on my stock g8 gt, except for a Roto fab intake. I got a good deal on a complete ls3 and m6 with pedals, slave, wiring, shifter, linkage, ecm and so on. I have been reading on this for a couple days now and found a shop that says they can do the programing part after I get everything swapped. I read somewhere that the camaro m6 will work, you just have to notch out the cross member because the SS trans is slightly longer, and a shorter driveshaft is necessary. I take it I need to send off the bcm, but I have no contact info for (Chris white). Will the camaro ecm play well with the bc? Any help is appreciated. I will begin pulling my engine and trans this weekend and if all is well with this ls3/t6060 fitting I will have it in and ready for Pro Dynotech.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ah555666 View Post
    2 years later here I am with 240k miles on my stock g8 gt, except for a Roto fab intake. I got a good deal on a complete ls3 and m6 with pedals, slave, wiring, shifter, linkage, ecm and so on. I have been reading on this for a couple days now and found a shop that says they can do the programing part after I get everything swapped. I read somewhere that the camaro m6 will work, you just have to notch out the cross member because the SS trans is slightly longer, and a shorter driveshaft is necessary. I take it I need to send off the bcm, but I have no contact info for (Chris white). Will the camaro ecm play well with the bc? Any help is appreciated. I will begin pulling my engine and trans this weekend and if all is well with this ls3/t6060 fitting I will have it in and ready for Pro Dynotech.
    Contact info: http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...id=1&Itemid=56
    Pro dynotech in Thorntown, IN?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

You will need to also modify your shift linkage with a camaro trans.

For the price of modifications you can buy a gxp trans and sell the camaro transmission.
    I know a dude who has one for 3k new in the box. You'll probably get $1500 for the camaro trans. Worth the upgrade if you ask me.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

6. Thanks ah555666 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro Dynotech, yes in thorntown,in.. I thought it would be easier to use the camaro t6060 since I am also swapping the ls3 in. The ls3 has everything on it, the t6060 is already bolted to the motor with the clutch and everything on it. I got my car with 186k on it and I'm sure the accessories are due to be replaced. Figured I would be better off using everything I can. Would everything bolt straight up? I don't have the 3k to put upfront or I would. I'd have to wait until the t6060 sold. Aside from the gxp trans I would have to source a driveshaft, crossmember, unless the auto is the same plus buy a clutch and flywheel. I'm planning on tearing into it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by ah555666; 05-06-2017 at 01:48 PM.

8. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he's up for a trade I'll have a running l76 and 6l80e that can be picked up in a couple days. Or cash and the camaro t6060

Post Thanks / Like

Reading on other threads I have heard that the input shafts are different from the gxp to the camaro, also the front plate and bell housing. So it sounded to me like mating the gxp trans to the ls3 might be more of a pain than notching the crossmember. I had a 99 formula ws6 and put a ls7 clutch in it, I was having issues just shimming the slave to get it to disengage all the way.could have been a choke in the line issue, but it was enough to question my ability. This is my daily driver as you can tell by the 240k. I have a car on loan but I figured I'd be out with the old and in with the new in three days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ah555666 View Post
    Pro Dynotech, yes in thorntown,in.. .
    They did my dyno there.
    I would love to put a M6 in mine. But I have a new toy in mind first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Mating a gxp 6060 or camaro 6060 to a ls3 or l76 would be the same job. Just different clutch.
    The auto cross member and manual are different. The drive shaft is shorter on the manual by about an inch.
    Also keep in mind the rear diff needed swapped to a low gear.
    And the ls3 has different acceseries. You will need to change a few things from the camaro setup. Better to use the g8 setup with the low mile alternator and ac out if the same.
    Gunna have a day just swapping shit when you have everything side by side.

The difference between camaro and gxp tr6060 is input shaft length and bellhousing. The pump plate is the same.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885