Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CTS-V / Vaporworx Controller install

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you check your Noise Filter on the controller out. Pretty sure that Carl has sent everyone a email that has bought a controller from him, but if you don't know what I'm talking about I can forward the email or just contact him about the noise filter. Not a big deal, but my filter was one of the bad ones. He is sending me a new one ASAP with no charge. By the way the fuel system is still working great!!!
    2009 SBM G8 GT, TVS 2300, 1:1 Cogs, Forged Engine built by RCR, 65lb Fast Injectors, PWM CTS-V Fuel System, Lunati Cam, Manley Nextek Springs, Comp Pushrods, 4" MAF, Methanol Injection, 1 7/8 ARH, 3" Custom Exhaust, 160 Thermostat, Eibach Springs, BMR Suspension, 19" VMR v710 Wheels, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors w/ HPS Hawk Pads, Transmission Cooler, Tuned by Rick Crawford...Old Numbers 499RWHP 483RWTQ, 1/4 10.77 @129.50

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I have my hole cut, and some stuff pre-assembled. Making sure I understand how everything is connected before I pull the stock pump out. One remaining question. The blue wire needs to go to an IGN+ source. I assume one in the trunk? Where is a good place to hook this up?

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    OK, I have my hole cut, and some stuff pre-assembled. Making sure I understand how everything is connected before I pull the stock pump out. One remaining question. The blue wire needs to go to an IGN+ source. I assume one in the trunk? Where is a good place to hook this up?
    The blue wire will connect to your OEM + fuel pump wire (Grey 12 gauge wire). That is the turn on source for the controller and you will hook the controller up straight to your battery. Let me know if you don't understand... I drew up a wiring diagram somewhere around here.
    2009 SBM G8 GT, TVS 2300, 1:1 Cogs, Forged Engine built by RCR, 65lb Fast Injectors, PWM CTS-V Fuel System, Lunati Cam, Manley Nextek Springs, Comp Pushrods, 4" MAF, Methanol Injection, 1 7/8 ARH, 3" Custom Exhaust, 160 Thermostat, Eibach Springs, BMR Suspension, 19" VMR v710 Wheels, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors w/ HPS Hawk Pads, Transmission Cooler, Tuned by Rick Crawford...Old Numbers 499RWHP 483RWTQ, 1/4 10.77 @129.50

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue-mayhem View Post
    The blue wire will connect to your OEM + fuel pump wire (Grey 12 gauge wire). That is the turn on source for the controller and you will hook the controller up straight to your battery. Let me know if you don't understand... I drew up a wiring diagram somewhere around here.
    OK, got it. I was over thinking or is that under thinking it. Straightforward then.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

OK, got it. I was over thinking or is that under thinking it. Straightforward then.
    I did the same thing!!! Yeah pretty straight forward.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, today I worked on getting this installed. Talk about stuffing 10 pounds into a 5 pound bag. Tough to get everything connected on the hat and get it into the proper position. I will update this thread with some things I discovered today to hopefully help the next guy out, but first I have an issue. No fuel pressure First thing that comes to mind is when it was not working at first, I realized that I had forgot to put the fuse in the little fuse holder When I went to put the fuse in it shot a spark. Could this have done something? Is there another fuse to check? I can run through the wiring tomorrow night and make sure nothing is loose or wrong. Any suggested steps for debugging this?

Ran out of time tonight and zonked after working in the hot garage all afternoon/evening. Too tired to think about much now, so I will concentrate on this extremely stiff drink until I go to bed.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Pm'd you
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

OK, today I worked on getting this installed. Talk about stuffing 10 pounds into a 5 pound bag. Tough to get everything connected on the hat and get it into the proper position. I will update this thread with some things I discovered today to hopefully help the next guy out, but first I have an issue. No fuel pressure First thing that comes to mind is when it was not working at first, I realized that I had forgot to put the fuse in the little fuse holder When I went to put the fuse in it shot a spark. Could this have done something? Is there another fuse to check? I can run through the wiring tomorrow night and make sure nothing is loose or wrong. Any suggested steps for debugging this?

Ran out of time tonight and zonked after working in the hot garage all afternoon/evening. Too tired to think about much now, so I will concentrate on this extremely stiff drink until I go to bed.
    I must have over looked this... Did you figure out what was wrong? Let me know if you still need help.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue-mayhem View Post
    I must have over looked this... Did you figure out what was wrong? Let me know if you still need help.
    Figured out that I am an idiot, and am waiting on parts to fix the idiocy. Also working to help the next idiot so they do not have the same issue.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting ready to install the CTSv pump into my G8, (will order tomorrow) but i'm wondering if you guys did your back seat pump cut-out access hole with the tank removed, or just followed what seems to be an outline...??
    I'll be running the 2300 maggie with ls9 injectors. Also have the livernoise cam and LS# head package.....any suggestions would be help full...thanks

Also, long shot, but does anybody have a canned tune I could use..I have HP tuners, but never really learned how to tune myself....just need a tune (or advice) how to get the ls9 injectors to fire with the new ctsv pump...just enough for me to get to my tuner....
    Last edited by ZiM; 08-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.