Site Sponsors & Vendors

View Poll Results: Who will be first in the 9s?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan (Daniel Linnett)

15 38.46%
  • Chuck (gr8lover)

4 10.26%
  • Tom (wreckwriter)

16 41.03%
  • Someone else

4 10.26%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will post the first 9 second G8 ET?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Sky will be pulling up there quickly. He's got a few things to work out though
    I hope it's more than just the maggie and rear
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    I'd like to see all three of you go heads up on that four lane strip. That would be stellar. How could we set it up?
    I'd like to see that, because it would be in Concord... right in my back yard. I can hear the cars from my house

I'm sure Rick would drive down and be #4!

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/ 552tq - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

If Dan stays crazy like he is .... then he will get it over the winter (Me and Tom have to deal with this white stuff...)... I wont run till the spring... and it will be a whole new setup that will need some practice and tweeks to run up to Tom and Dans level... car is almost ready with everything.... no codes... just waiting on special tune from HP to handle my mixmatch of stuff... and should be ready... If I get bored over the winter then I will also get the cage put in it and also do some nitrous so I can have a extra button.... (love to press buttons... )... I just hope someone gets it without to much carnage to their setup.... it is hard on cars to hit 9's.... so good luck to all and also to the other sneaky guys out there that are quietly upgrading their stuff... I am sure there a couple out there that will suprise us all next yr.... good luck to all!!!!
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Tom. We all know Daniel needs to bring repair parts with him. LOL
    Does Chuck even have a car?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're up North too Chuck, sounds like you're closer than I am to ready. I'm real sure your car is going to set the record lower than I can reach with my stock bottom end so just hoping to get there first at this point.

You went with a 4L80, right? Assume you bought a custom OS from HP? I might have to do that too but Phil thinks he can do it with wiring instead. Going to be interesting I'm sure.

Hoping I'll have enough room in my tunnel to get a trans shield in there. Really don't want to use a blanket due to heat and mess. Also hoping no issues with driveshaft fitment. Frank at DSS is going to cut me a custom one and sell it to me at a package rate with some 1000 hp axles. Shifter will be another trick. Thinking to use a Hurst Quarter stick with a shifnoid electric shifter. Console may have to go to fit it in. Hope not but may have to.

Regardless of who, when and where, 2012 is going to be the year of the 9 second G8s! Its going to be a good show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    You went with a 4L80, right? Assume you bought a custom OS from HP? I might have to do that too but Phil thinks he can do it with wiring instead. Going to be interesting I'm sure.

Hoping I'll have enough room in my tunnel to get a trans shield in there. Really don't want to use a blanket due to heat and mess. Also hoping no issues with driveshaft fitment. Frank at DSS is going to cut me a custom one and sell it to me at a package rate with some 1000 hp axles. Shifter will be another trick. Thinking to use a Hurst Quarter stick with a shifnoid electric shifter. Console may have to go to fit it in. Hope not but may have to.

Regardless of who, when and where, 2012 is going to be the year of the 9 second G8s! Its going to be a good show.
    I went with a RPM 4L80 (think it is a stage VI)... and everything fit right in with a little massaging.... and the one piece alum driveshaft from Hendrix/DSS fit great!!! (but I am going to the Hendrix/DSS 9" rear also so not sure if that makes a difference.... wouldnt think so...

as for the Tune, for what we did with the new setup we used a different GM ECM that was originally used with a 4L80.... the wiring alone didnt seem to cut it... I had at least 2-3 different wiring harnesses made and the TEHCM bypass didnt work like in the camaros...... so guys who have done it on camaros did not have the same luck on the G8 due to some of the little differences.... will get the new tune/software from HP soon and hopefully it runs like factory.,.,,,, I would have had this done along time ago if we simply ran a FAST trans controller, kept the TEHCM plugged in and stored in the trunk... but didnt want to run like that... but for you being a track car..... it may work great for you and much quicker to figure out.... hopefully for me , this last trial will work and all the gages and stuff will work....

looking at nitrous and wondering how heavy I can go on it..... 100 shot for sure... but not sure if I can do a 150 or 200?.... with my engine it should handle anything I throw at it.... it is a beast built LSX iron block... just curious on how I should plan for?....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    I voted Tom. We all know Daniel needs to bring repair parts with him. LOL
    Does Chuck even have a car?
    Hmmm.... I am starting to wonder the same thing..... I am really making this whole thing up cause I am just trying to push the other guys harder.... .... I really just dropped a 4 cylinder vortech into it so I can get good gas mileage.... but this seemed like a fun thing to joke about... ...

I look at pictures all the time, but not the same....... I was thinking about what antique plate I would get for it...so when I get it back, I can just use that....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I went with a RPM 4L80 (think it is a stage VI)... and everything fit right in with a little massaging.... and the one piece alum driveshaft from Hendrix/DSS fit great!!! (but I am going to the Hendrix/DSS 9" rear also so not sure if that makes a difference.... wouldnt think so...

as for the Tune, for what we did with the new setup we used a different GM ECM that was originally used with a 4L80.... the wiring alone didnt seem to cut it... I had at least 2-3 different wiring harnesses made and the TEHCM bypass didnt work like in the camaros...... so guys who have done it on camaros did not have the same luck on the G8 due to some of the little differences.... will get the new tune/software from HP soon and hopefully it runs like factory.,.,,,, I would have had this done along time ago if we simply ran a FAST trans controller, kept the TEHCM plugged in and stored in the trunk... but didnt want to run like that... but for you being a track car..... it may work great for you and much quicker to figure out.... hopefully for me , this last trial will work and all the gages and stuff will work....

looking at nitrous and wondering how heavy I can go on it..... 100 shot for sure... but not sure if I can do a 150 or 200?.... with my engine it should handle anything I throw at it.... it is a beast built LSX iron block... just curious on how I should plan for?....
    Mine is a bit different since I don't need the TCM to shift the car, just new the ECM to think there is a TCM and let the motor run. Phil has several ideas, I'm certain one will work. My biggest worry is time; need this sucker to roll on first track day in Spring.

100 shot should put you mid 9s, maybe better. 200, 8s. Did you go wet or dry? For mine with the dry shot in the blower pipe I don't have to touch my tune for anything between 100-200. For less than 100 I run the same tune I ran before the N2O. The MAF senses the air density changes and fuels up as needed. Its much simpler than I expected. I'm hoping the new trans and a few other tricks will make enough difference that I can run 9s with 100. I know my motor can't last long above that.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Not me! lol

yea idk if i can take mine that far... im just going for 10 something after the cam...

2009 G8 Procharged/Cammed 10.55@134.3 1.60 -SOLD
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cam only 10.62@126.7 1.44'

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on your ring gap how muck you can spray. I gave nitrous outlet my built 418 specs and they said no more then 125 on top of FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk