Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm going off randomly...any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

well it might be whatever sensors idicates the car has been bumped.

I havent' tried it and I don't know for sure our cars have one - but in theory if you bump the car hard enough it will set off the alarm - should also set a message on the dash though.

uhm - anyone else's car set off a DIC message when you get in the car and the alarm has gone off? or does it only do that if you re-set the alarm with the remote?
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

2. Thanks BLKG8 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had much time to look into this, but with winter approaching, I'd like to get the remote start working again. I notice that when I pull the hood release, it doesn't pop up the hood. I have to pull it a bunch of times in a row and then it will pop. I'm guessing whatever is causing this, may be causing the remote start issue as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had this happen to me. On Monday night the alarm went off randomly at 10:30 for about 20 seconds. I checked out the car and everything seemed normal so I just relocked it and went back to bed. About half an hour later it went off again, so this time I disconnected the alarm horn under the hood. I also got a new latch from Pace on order, part number 92258586. The next day at work I knew the alarm had been triggered because the lights flashed and horn chirped when I unlocked it to go home. When I got home I disconnected the hood switch connector and jumpered the black and purple wires, tricking it into thinking the hood was shut all the time. The rest of the week I had no more issues with the alarm being triggered so I knew this was the cause. The new latch showed up today and I installed it in about 15-20 minutes. The only tools I needed were pushpin pliers, a 1/4" drive ratchet, 6" extension, and 10mm flex socket. I removed the two pushpins and two screws on the top of the bumper cover and was able to work the latch out by gently pulling up on it to make enough room. Here's what the backs of the old and new latches look like side-by-side:

And later I took apart the old switch because I was curious, and here's what the insides look like in case any one else is as well:

Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

I heard of this once before ..Glad you updated this thread Len.

..My alarm went off in the garage one night. Weird because my car is in a locked and alarmed garage attached to my home. After investigating I still couldn't pin point what made it go off so I assumed it was the fob battery so I changed that.

Now I know to look at the latch in case it does it again.

I would give you a thumbs up and like but they no longer work.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I think at this point if mine goes out like that I'm jumpering the wires over. assuming the latch works fine
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Found on another board

92258586 is indeed the latest iteration of the part.

The installation process is easy:
    1. Disconnect sensor harness.
    2. Remove passenger side grill.
    3. Mark the location of the latch.
    4. Remove three 10mm bolts attaching latch.
    5. Remove plastic latch cover
    6. Remove cable and cable stay (needle nose pliers make this significantly easier) and transfer to new latch.
    7. Fit plastic cover to new latch
    8. Feed harness back through to the engine bay
    9. Install new latch and adjust placement to properly align hood.
    10. Reconnect harness
    11. Reinstall grill