Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme Auto Makeover: SS-V Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extreme Auto Makeover: SS-V Edition

My car had a rough start to the year.
    How she looked before all this:

In January I had plans to change up the look of my car for the 2011 car show season. After laying the plans and spending a good chunk of money in preparation for the makeover, my L76 decided that it didn’t like me anymore.
    The Carnage:
    No this is not a viewing window:

I hate it when this happens:

The culprit, the number one cylinder rod. The consensus is rod failure.

This can’t be good!

No, that won’t buff out!

More carnage!

Shrapnel!

As long as we are destroying things, let’s kill the heads as well!
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like

Are you crying yet?

There wasn’t anything internally that could be salvaged. Due to the Tune, DoD delete, Cam, and Torque Converter I had installed, trying to get it warrantied was a real long shot. Carb Connection and Vector Motorsports to the rescue! Well, let’s just say they both were very gracious and willing to help me turn my lemons, in lemonade cocktails!
    The Plan: A Forged LS3, stroked to 427ci (7.0 Liters for my Canadian friends), topped with Mast Black Label Heads, Compstar Rods and Crank, Wiseco Pistons, a Vector Motorsports Stage 3 (yes, you read that correctly) Cam, Ported Intake, Ported Throttle Body, a bunch of other goodies.

I can’t wait to see these heads in person:

Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco

Post Thanks / Like

After getting the black window trim last summer, and solid colored door handles in the fall, I decided to make a move to an entirely chrome free car. I did something that I thought I would never do, but after seeing so many cool photoshoots of ADV1 wheels in matte black, I decided to go for it. I purchased a set of Staggered Niche Sport Wheels, manufactured by MHT, who also makes ADV1 wheels. Yup, that’s right, fake wheels! Let’s just say I paid less for all 4 than what I would have paid for one real ADV5.1 wheel. Yes, they are made from a different material, but they look the same to me! Benchmark Motoring helped me out by creating some custom center caps for the wheels. Did I forget to mention that the rears are concave? I love the look! Since I wasn’t driving her, I had the new wheels installed, and then she went over to Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes for some fender massaging. Mark did an amazing job of trimming, further rolling, and then flaring the rear of the fender where the bumper bracket is to create plenty of space for my new setup, and to get a little bit of the flush look. My old setup rubbed a bit, and now, there will be no rubbing! Mark promised me I could put it in the weeds!

Custom Center Caps on a dirty wheel!

A little change up with a Personalized Plate. I am going to make a small vinyl dash ( - ) to go between the E and the S, EXCE-SSV, and I will be adding a black out SSV emblem to the boot lid.

That’s my other ride in the background, an all original 1974 Ford Bronco purchased brand new by my Grandfather. It has been in storage for 19 years since he passed away, and I just got it out here to Seattle.
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco

Post Thanks / Like

Among Friends!

After several unexpected parts delays Vector got my motor onto the engine dyno for her maiden run!

I asked the Team at Vector Motorsports to create something very specific for me: A motor that would drive around town and behave like a stock motor, and that when unleashed would tear up the asphalt! A little lope was ok, and yes I wanted power, but since this is my daily driver, I wanted her to have manners around town. I say all that to preempt the comments, “it should have made more power.”
    One the engine dyno today she made an initial 590hp, and 575ft lbs. The tune is not finalized, as that can only be done once the motor is installed in the car. If we take those numbers and estimate 18% drivetrain loss, it should lay down at least 483rwhp and 471ft lbs. With some fine tuning maybe we can get close to 500rwhp! The scary number of the day is that she made 500ft lbs at 3600rpm and it stays over 500 all the way past 6000rpm!! This should create a good scenario for tire shredding with the Yank 3200 Stall Converter.
    I am also adding a GXP Tranny Cooler, thanks to Greg at Pace, to try and keep some life in my tranny.
    I do have some more appearance mods waiting in the wings. I will keep them under wraps until the day she is all done! Hopefully that will be within the next two weeks.
    I cannot sleep! I WANT TO DRIVE HER!!
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, all I can say is this is an awesome build! Congrats! I'm saving up for something similar.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks great. Can't wait to check it out once it gets installed.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

That is a incredible build. Niiiiiice

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks fantastic and great choices for your motor build!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

I am in awe! Congrats....each day must feel like it's a little closer to Christmas. Congrats