Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulb List for LED Swaps

Post Thanks / Like

Post Bulb List for LED Swaps

I started this thread on the other board, and had forgotten to post it over here as well. Mods, if you want to sticky this list, I'd appreciate it.

Given that bulb numbers are requested constantly, and the Sylvania list is (or was) unreliable for our cars as they listed some incorrect or proprietary numbers, finding out what bulb numbers you need is a bit painful and currently requires a lot of searching around (I know from experience). Therefore, I figured I'd make a central list with all the numbers I have tracked down, as well as whether or not they are confirmed to work. I included a zipped Excel spreadsheet that I made for this which might be easier to read.

If anyone has numbers for any other bulbs I missed, or sees any mistakes in the list, let me know and I'll update the post.

Format:
    [Bulb name]: [bulb number], [quantity needed (individual bulbs)], [Color (stock)], [Confirmed to work?]

Starred (*) bulbs require a resistor (6 ohms on each bulb) to be installed in order to avoid hyperflash, brake release blinking, output degradation, and other unsavory side-effects.

Exterior Bulbs:
    • Backup/Reverse: 1156, 2, White, Confirmed
    • Brake: 7443/7440, 2, Red, Confirmed
    • License plate/Tag: 194, 2, White, Confirmed
    • Sidemarkers (under headlight on front bumper cover): 194, 2, Amber, Confirmed
    • Side repeaters/fender turn signals (behind front wheels): 194, 2, Amber, Confirmed
    • Front turn signal: 1157, 2, Amber, Confirmed , *
    • Rear turn signal: 1156, 2, Amber, Confirmed , *
    • Foglight LEDs: 5202/9009, 2, White, Confirmed

Interior Bulbs:
    • Dome lights: 194, 4(sunroof)/2?(no sunroof), White, Confirmed
    • Trunk (also Glovebox, Center console): 211, 1, White, Confirmed

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MANY SITES (SUCH AS V-LEDS) SELL MANY BULBS IN PAIRS! DOUBLE CHECK HOW MANY BULBS YOU ARE BUYING SO YOU DON'T ORDER MORE THAN YOU NEED!

If you are going to add a glovebox light (or if your '08 G8 has it and you're going to swap it to LED), or a center console light, the same bulb type as the trunk light will work.

I've now confirmed all bulbs in this list (except for fogs), as I've swapped all my bulbs for LEDs.

I believe non-sunroof cars have 2 interior bulbs as they lack the map lights... If anyone that owns a car sans sunroof can confirm I'll update things.

I will update this OP as needed.

*Edit 9/2: Added fog bulbs, confirmed by 4GASEM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rez0nance; 09-02-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    '09 MSM G8 GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - since 9/18/08
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs
    Misc.: Billet Prototypes catch can; full V-LEDs LED swap

Thirsty for Knowledge mtolivecracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

love you

Black G8 GXP M6 Red/Onyx
    Lots of Mods

Post Thanks / Like

nice
    2008 Liquid Red P&S

Post Thanks / Like

I have LED's in my fogs...

Led , Wattage: 5202 (9009) , Color: Cool White

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

5. Dislikes bybcous disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtolivecracker View Post
    love you
    LMAO don't think I've ever gotten that response for a thread...

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    I have LED's in my fogs...

Led , Wattage: 5202 (9009) , Color: Cool White
    Damn, never thought of adding those to the list, thanks! I'll edit the post.
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my back-ups from V-LEDS, where else do you guys get the LED's from or is that the best bet?
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:
    Custom Painted Engine Cover - Auto Dimming Mirror
    Pypes Axel-Back Exhaust - DDM 55W 6000K HID's
    VLED Backup LED's - Holden V8 Badges - Stubby Antenna
    Homelink Opener in Visor - Vararam OTR Intake - TSS Atari Plaque
    UPR Catch Can - GXP Diffuser - JettStream HSRK & Vararam Coupler

Contact me via PM if you are interested in a Homelink Visor!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    I bought my back-ups from V-LEDS, where else do you guys get the LED's from or is that the best bet?
    Sorry for late response. I went with V-LEDs for all my LEDs. No complaints. Their customer service is spectacular as well.

Post Thanks / Like

With the LED lights for the turn signals and markers don't you need to use resisters or something so that they work properly? How exactly does that work because I definitely want to LED/HID the cars lights soon.
    '09 Liquid Red GT

Kooks, VMS, Roto-Fab, Solo, BMR.

12.86@109 1.98 60ft

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever the LED equivalent is for a 6814 bulb would be the replacement for the glovebox light. Just sayin'
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BATOYGIO View Post
    With the LED lights for the turn signals and markers don't you need to use resisters or something so that they work properly? How exactly does that work because I definitely want to LED/HID the cars lights soon.
    You only need resistors for the main turn signals, the ones in the corners (in the headlights and taillights). The sidemarker on the fender does not need a resistor, it can be swapped for LED without issue.

The resistors are just installed with wire splices onto the proper wires on the harness and then stuck onto some metal part somewhere (I chose the frame rails in the hood, and the sheet metal next to the tail lights). You want to avoid sticking them to anything plastic because they get very hot and will melt plastic. As for which specific wires in the front harnesses, there's other threads that say which if you search for them. The ones in the rear are already separated and not in a harness so it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
    Whatever the LED equivalent is for a 6814 bulb would be the replacement for the glovebox light. Just sayin'
    I'm not sure what a 6814 bulb looks like, but as I listed a 211 LED (same one as the trunk light) will work. Maybe that's the equivalent.

To clarify: I'm going by what would be plug & play. You could always (as other members have done) get yourself some LED strips and solder/splice them into the wires, but obviously that's not plug & play. A 211 type LED is a festoon bulb replacement and will fit in the stock connector.