Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 National G8 Meet Sept. 9th-11th.

Post Thanks / Like

Took me 19 hours total to get there
    i wouldn't have missed it for the world
    Joe, and Heather
    you both rock, thanks for putting on the greatest thing to happen to this G8 community
    nice meeting everyone, i hope you all did/do get home safely without any problems
    CAN NOT wait til next years
    my mind has been tossing around ideas for next years meet while i was driving
    2009.5 PBM GT Onyx/Red
    Premium&Sport, sunroof

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION. IT'S JUST THAT YOURS IS STUPID!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Deal's Gap and an auto cross event sounds AWESOME along with the drag racing. It seems like its a very family friendly city and looks to be very pretty. It's still a shame that we can't find somewhere more central for those on the west but I understand the logic behind it.
    2008 Ignition Orange G8 GT
    -Debadged

1 of 927

Post Thanks / Like

Joe did a fantastic job, especially as our moderator/speaker/spokesperson. He would be very hard to replace.

And... since much of the leg-work is already in place for the future, it would be easier to improve on this years wonderful event, rather than start from scratch somewhere else.

I was thinking Kansas City or Memphis if the QC is bypassed, but it will take a tremendous amount of time and dedication to pull off a Natl. Meet that could have topped our first year.

As an "old fo'ggie", I can go about anywhere I want to... so will likely go wherever.... Hope to switch my G8's so White 08' gets it's shot at attention!

JOE...YOU DONE GOOOD!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Post Thanks / Like

When I was running the Chevy Avalanche Club we analyzed where the center was for North America. One big difference, there was significant Chevy Avalanche ownership in Canada and Alaska. Addressing that, we concluded that Rapid City, South Dakota was the most "center" location.

If you based it off of population, where people live, than the location in Iowa is damn close to a good spot. If you based it off of the lower 48, than St. Louis is a good spot.

The problem is if you get much further than the Mississippi river, folks on the east coast start groaning about the drive. Likewise if you set up along the Mississippi River or just east, it is a long ass drive for those on the west coast.

Most Pontiac related national events are located well east of the G8 national meet. I would suggest for next year picking a different location, it's easy to say, "hey, lets go back," but we found different locations got diehards to go no matter what, and would pull in others. The most successful national meet we ever had was interestingly in Canada, at Niagara Falls and in a post 9/11 environment. Not only was it biased to the eastern United States, but you had to cross an international border to go. Yet it was the largest event we had.

This year for the national meet the club did concurrent regional events. Recognizing the high cost of gas (an Avalanche on a good day gets 17 MPG tops) and the crappy job situation, leadership of the club (I'm no longer involved) set up regional meets to run at the same time.

I remain willing to setup a west coast regional meet for next year if there would be interest. A several day cruise starting in Astoria, Oregon and then heading south, through Napa and then ending in Reno via Lake Tahoe - that would be epic.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boi1da View Post
    Only suggesting there would probably more people attend if it was centrally located. Just my .02. Take it or leave it.
    Plan it and it can be in your hometown.

Seriously, it will be where ever someone plans it. There were people who said "it should be here, it should be there" before this was planned. BUT no one stood up and said they'd plan it.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polo View Post

EDIT: I would be more than willing to play a major role in organizing the next one if the chosen site is close enough to me. Deal's Gap is 4 hours, so that would fit the bill.
    There was no "chosen" site.

There was a guy who stood up and said "I'll plan a get together if you guys want to come here".
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

im in miami and im down for a tennessee meet next year. i will definately make the drive because i have a blast driving the g8 and most g8 owners that i have met have been really cool people. i will have atleast 5 coming with me
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

Post Thanks / Like

I started to prepare a regional meet but there was little interest on the west coast. I will gladly organize a western United States regional meet next year. I'll even set up the dates right now:

July 28 to July 31, 2011.

July 28: Astoria, Oregon to Newport, Oregon
    July 29: Newport, Oregon to Eureka, California
    July 30: Eureka, California to Vacaville, California
    July 31: Vacaville, California to Reno, Nevada
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

we did a show of hands at the awards ceremony to finish off the event...and a vast majority voted to have it in the same location
    everything will be easier from here on in if it is held in the same location
    Joe spent a good 200+ hours of his own time to have this years meet
    if others want it elsewhere..you need to start planning ASAP...and get the ball rolling
    find a hotel that will host us, and also that has big enough parking for us all
    find a place to have a car show
    drag strip, auto x(which isn't easy)
    banquet hall to host awards
    that's just the easy stuff
    you need to find insurance/pay insurance
    need i say more?
    i'm all for another meet pretty much anywhere, i'm just giving people the heads up that think it can happen anywhere and everywhere
    2009.5 PBM GT Onyx/Red
    Premium&Sport, sunroof

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION. IT'S JUST THAT YOURS IS STUPID!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to pop in here real quick before I hit that sack. As I mentioned at the awards presentation today, I have no problem with the idea of this event changing locations if that is what the majority of people would like to do. What matters to me is that this won't be the last International G8 Meet (out of respect to Jason, and hopefully additional Canadians who will come next year), and that the person taking it over will do it with the same passion and commitment that I did. If it is moving, who is going to be that "go to person" who will get all the basic details (location, dates, basic agenda, etc) ironed out? I began planning this last year in December, and that was barely enough time to pull it all together. If we keep it in the same place, my work for next year will begin in the next month, and it will still go on for the next 11 months or so, and I will still happily do it. I hate to rush this, but if people want to move, I need to know very soon. I will be happy to assist this person as a consultant in the process, but it will need to be "their baby" for the hard work. I have already done much of that hard work, and it will be alot easier the 2nd year. It is awesome that Seattle09GT is going to come up with an event for the west coasters! I wish you guys the best of luck, and feel free to contact me with any questions, or suggestions!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.