Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: p0157 code for bank2 sensor2 oxygen sensor

Post Thanks / Like

Default p0157 code for bank2 sensor2 oxygen sensor

I have an 09 G8 GT that I had the Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust put on, within 24 hours that P0157 code came up. I have a Diablo Predator tuner for the car, it gave me the code and by re writing the original tune the code went out, but it came back 24 hours later, I took it back in and they cleared the code and checked for leaks and the oxygen sensor, the code stayed away for 4 days then it came back. I can keep getting rid of it but it keeps coming back. Any ideas what may be going on ?

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you damaged the sensor when putting the exhaust on.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Odds are the sensor was damaged on removal.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

that is what I was thinking... now to see who pays for it, me or the company who done the exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on sensor damage.
    09 Liquid red G8GT
    VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune
    8000k hid's
    Inalfa sunroof
    Mach Shorty, Solo HFC's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
    Rotofab cai & radiator cover
    BT from 09.5
    GXP fascia & diffuser
    BMR subframe connectors & bushings, diff bushings, trans brace, trailering arms
    13.207@107.11
    338 hp/337 tq

Post Thanks / Like

So GM honored the warranty and replaced the oxygen sensor. Hurray for GM, booooo for Solo Performance customer service. Emails were ignored, it was not till I showed them I had Message Tag installed on my email and I knew they were actually opening my email and ignoring me that they responded.
    Customer service is how you keep customers... they lost a customer in me !

Post Thanks / Like

My experience was the opposite. I screwed up, they fixed it free & I was very happy - used the phone though.

JAM