Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving thru rain storm and...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driving thru rain storm and...

Hello Charlie,

I had Hennessey Performance install Corsa Exhaust and Roto-Fab today and after they finished I took off and about a hour or so I drove into a heave down pour and it seemed like it was bogging down bad.

I thought maybe the CAI was sucking water in and messing with the performance but I pulled into a gas station and opened the hood and all was dry in the intake.

Could it be there was so much water on the road that the exhaust was submerged and was making a drowning sound as I drove.

What do you think it could of been?

Thanks

Curtis
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to give the motor some time to adjust for the added airflow, and I highly recommend a tune. A Superchips tune will work wonders with your mods, and it's so easy to use.

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will agree car will have to get used to the extra air..But to me if you plan on doing more mods dont waste yoru money on a superchips get it a dyno tune from Patrick G or a tune from vector or livernois. This allowes for more mods like headers and stuff..The superchips will be junk once you get headers. And with same mods you willnt make 345whp/352wtq with a superchips 87 octane tune liek my buddy did with a dyno tune.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I gained almost .5 second in the quarter mile so the Superchips is far from junk. And I agree that a dyno tune will yield a little more power, but some people like that fact that the settings can be easily changed with the Superchips tuner and the car can be flashed back to stock for dealer visits. Plus it all depends how far he wants to go with modding too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    I gained almost .5 second in the quarter mile so the Superchips is far from junk. And I agree that a dyno tune will yield a little more power, but some people like that fact that the settings can be easily changed with the Superchips tuner and the car can be flashed back to stock for dealer visits.
    Most dealers can see if you put a superchips in and took out if they really look anyway so it dont matter if you put back to stock. My buddy was running 13.8 and with a dyno tune now ran a 13.23 so he dropped off .6 on his 1/4 mile. Why waste the money on a superchips if you know your going to do more mods that the superchips cant support then have to get a real tune later and pay for both? You may or may not get your money back for the superchips as more and more are looking towards a real tune.
    Last edited by wnt2gofst; 06-28-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know how far he's going with mods? If he's planning on more then what he has, the SC tuner isn't for him, but don't make it seem like it's useless. Everyone doesn't race their car, so it's great tuner to get a little more out of it for on the street. I paid $200 for my SC tuner, so I know I'll get my money back if I sell it.
    Last edited by DRCUSTOMPARTS; 06-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
    Why waste the money on a superchips if you know your going to do more mods that the superchips cant support then have to get a real tune later and pay for both? You may or may not get your money back for the superchips as more and more are looking towards a real tune.
    But to me if you plan on doing more mods dont waste your money on a superchips get it a dyno tune from Patrick G or a tune from vector or livernois. This allowes for more mods like headers and stuff..The superchips will be junk once you get headers. .
    Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    How do you know how far he's going with mods? If he's planning on more then what he has, the SC tuner isn't for him, but don't make it seem like it's useless.
    This would be why i said if he knows he is going to do more. or going to get headers .Also you just said would gain more from a real tune..So why would you go with a Superchips..Plus teh tranny tuen from a real dyno tune will not be matched by a superchips.

Op the choice is yours with your mods and tune style overall. There are alot of options out there from who and what kind of tune also.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I am going to do any more major modifications. This is my daily driver and put on a good 1500 miles a week and have read that if you get a tune done to your car it will void the warranty.
    Hennessey Performance quoted me $395.00 to flash the computer and tune it. They have a sweet shop and some of the cars they build is wild.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This would be why i said if he knows he is going to do more. or going to get headers .Also you just said would gain more from a real tune..So why would you go with a Superchips..Plus teh tranny tuen from a real dyno tune will not be matched by a superchips.
    I said the dyno tune would gain a little more than the Superchips tune, so that means the SC tune is still a great tune. Superchips just released a major trans tune revision today that's being beta tested for final approval, and so far the tester has indicated there's a very noticeable improvement. Just because you didn't like the Superchips tune doesn't mean that you have to give it a bad rap, there are many G8 owners that are very happy with it, me included.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    I don't think I am going to do any more major modifications. This is my daily driver and put on a good 1500 miles a week and have read that if you get a tune done to your car it will void the warranty.
    Hennessey Performance quoted me $395.00 to flash the computer and tune it. They have a sweet shop and some of the cars they build is wild.
    If that is the case I recommend the Superchips tuner. It cost $350ish new, you can find them for sale here for $275 to $300. It is good for about 4/10 to 6/10 off your quarter mile time and takes all of five minutes to tune. Those talking about learning curves, I've never experienced it - I've hot swapped at the track to a 93 octane tune (we can only get 92 octane here so I fill with racing fuel) and then drive home with a 91 tune. Bang for the buck, time to get it, a 1/2 second faster in the quarter mile, PLUS and OBDII code reader, PLUS the ability to clear codes, PLUS the instant customization (oh no 91 octane is $5 a gallon, dial it back to 87 octane to save $$$), you're not going to find cheaper and easier INSTANT horsepower.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected