Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: What is "GM Fixed Operations Manager"

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is "GM Fixed Operations Manager"

My local Service Director has passed me to the "GM Fixed Operations Manager" what or who is this person.......I am guessing it is just a Customer Service person with no real authority........

This comes after being turned down for the Flare to be fixed, due to my aftermarket parts..... And I did not accept the reasoning and qouted the Magnuson/Moss Act and the wifes 15yrs of automotive defense litigation in the automotive field dealing with items like this.

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally the Fixed Ops manager is the guy who runs Parts and Service. Normally this is the service manager.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I personally wouldnt keep pushing it thru higher... maybe try different dealers.. find a mod friendly one.... You have a slew of stuff done correct? Cam? tune? are you nearing the capacity of the trans depending on your torque? The flare you have could be due to a bad tune or clutches worn out from going to the track alot and also having higher torque...

Try different dealers and work with them... once you push, especially with your mods, not many people would agree that GM can be forced into anything..... so best bet would be to find a mod friendly dealer and try them... Just my humble thoughts.... I can help people get this done but if they have cams, etc... and tune it themselves... I cannot help.
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Bad tune can cause the flare. I had it and luckily in my case it was the tune and now it's completely gone.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage