Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVH1982 View Post
    Yes, the south circuit to be exact. This was a Bloomington Gold Blast! Expo event.

The $350 events are full day events with classroom instruction, driving instruction, and multiple heats and no pace car.

Todd, we should hook up for the upcoming Hooked on Driving event. Bill, do join us if you can. We should chat at GONE.
    Would love to do a road racing day. Would be even better if we could get a couple of g8s out there. I do have some concerns about brakes and such being able to handle it but we will definately talk at gone. Not to mention I have about 1k worth of parts that need to be installed including all the bushings and ss lines.

What day are you heading out there? A couple of us are planning to leave Friday morning.

Sent from my EVO 3D
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Todd, we should hook up for the upcoming Hooked on Driving event.
    I live in California, but was in the Chicago area for work. I couldn't run my car, so hooked-up my gear to another car. I will not be in the Chicago area for the next Hooked on Driving event (I'll be in Las Vegas at GoatRun).

We should chat at GONE.
    I will be at GONE if you have questions. I'll bring my data logger if you want to check it out.

-Todd...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Todd, just wondering, do you have any brake cooling vents installed? I'm doing an event at VIR a week from Friday and a little concerned about heat on the brakes with the hp I've added since the last event.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hilliard View Post
    Todd, just wondering, do you have any brake cooling vents installed?
    Nope, not yet... but I have all the parts to make something. Someday I'll actually be at home with my car for longer than two days and I'll get to all of these projects. Hell, maybe someday I'll even get my car out on the track!

I'm taking my inspiration from an install I saw on a Gen5 Camaro:

I'm doing an event at VIR a week from Friday and a little concerned about heat on the brakes with the hp I've added since the last event.
    From what I hear, making sure you have the right pads and fluid can make a big difference. With a car as heavy as a G8, once the driver knows what they are doing, I hear it is difficult to use a street/track (hybrid) pad.

-Todd...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCorzett View Post
    Nope, not yet... but I have all the parts to make something. Someday I'll actually be at home with my car for longer than two days and I'll get to all of these projects. Hell, maybe someday I'll even get my car out on the track!

I'm taking my inspiration from [URL="http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2475584#post2475584"]an install I saw on a Gen5 Camaro

From what I hear, making sure you have the right pads and fluid can make a big difference. With a car as heavy as a G8, once the driver knows what they are doing, I hear it is difficult to use a street/track (hybrid) pad.

-Todd...
    OK, thanks. I am working with a local shop that does a bunch of work for road track cars and will have it in next week for a track alignment and high temp brake fluid flush. We're going to make some pics and send them to a company that's been doing some nice work with brake vents. We'll see what they come up with. Their system vents to the center of the rotors so the airflow is from inside to outside as it's designed to be. I've got track only pads for this year so we'll see how it goes! Looking forward to it!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, thanks. I am working with a local shop that does a bunch of work for road track cars . Their system vents to the center of the rotors so the airflow is from inside to outside as it's designed to be.
    I was planning on using the stock dust shields to make something that does the same (brings air to the center of the rotors). If they are able to produce a "kit", I'd be very interested.

-Todd...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on using the stock dust shields to make something that does the same (brings air to the center of the rotors). If they are able to produce a "kit", I'd be very interested.

-Todd...
    The stuff they've done so far is a kit according to my shop and they've been really happy with the work. They have a kit coming in for a Mustang this week that's around $200 including the intakes that are mounted in the bumper. I'd tell you the name of the folks but I can't remember! Anyway, if it works out I'll post it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some up from my VIR trip earlier this summer here....

http://www.youtube.com/yzfr1owner

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r1owner View Post
    I've got some up from my VIR trip earlier this summer here....

http://www.youtube.com/yzfr1owner
    Very nice! What are you using for a camera setup?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking my inspiration from an install I saw on a Gen5 Camaro:

-Todd...
    I agree, after a bit of hard mountian driving my brakes got to the point I had to slow down considerbly because they felt like mush. But this is a totally stock g8 brake system.

I plan to do the 4 pot brembos up front, I'm sure that will help.