Moved. Thanks Jessika. Oh that water leak. LOL
    Mine hasn't leaked.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone done the first one? I still get wet carpet behind driver seat. The weather strip looks to be a one piece unit, not clear on "peeling it back".

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my car on 7/08 and right off the dealer it started to leak water. But it was on the pass., side rear door. They replaced the door seal thats on the body. And had to replace the carpet and padding cause it started to mildew.
    ________________ _
    '08 G8... Panther Black
    Premium & Sport Pkg.- 7/08

Post Thanks / Like

Add this one to the list of stuff wrong with my car. I pulled back the carpet and juke padding after popping the back seat bottom out and was able to soak up about 2 pints of water. Carpet was dry on top too!
    Don't Hassle The Hoff!
    http://ohiorides.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167&d=1314562258

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else ever have a puddle of water in the front passenger floorboard? We had a lot of rain last Thursday here in Atlanta and when I went out to lunch I had a puddle of water in the passenger floorboard.
    2009 MSM G8 GT, Sport/Premium/Roof
    Stock for now...

Post Thanks / Like

^ Not yet. I am sure my car has that issue too but I have not had anything other then the frozen water until this past week. The rear thing was bad because it was not an issue on top of the carpet but standing water under it.
    Don't Hassle The Hoff!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend with the 2008 GT MGM, has the water leak in the rear passenger side. Took it to the dealer and got lip service. In his case it is a leased car but he is still pissed off. He is taking it to another dealer. So if the carpet is dry on top how can you tell you have a leak? Hate to think its when the mold and mildew starts.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty easy to tell. The best way is to pop out your back seat bottom. It is only held in place by 2 clips in the front. About 6" over from each side. Give it a few hard cranking tugs straight up near the pin and it will pop right out. REAL EASY! Then the gap from the seat bottom and the carpet with show. Get your hand between the metal and the 2" thick juke padding and try to run it (your hand) all the way down to the floorboard area. If it feels wet then you most likely have this issue. At that point I started pulling trim pieces off and such so that I could get a better look. That is when I saw standing water after pulling the carpet back.

You could also try things like taking a long screw drive and a towel and poking it down there then feel if the towel got wet, if it is too tight for your hand/arm. I did not try that but I am sure it would work. I found out while running an LED wire under the carpet.
    Don't Hassle The Hoff!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say a big THANKS! I took mine in to the dealer a few days ago, and gave them the TSB info I found here. They found the AC Drain leak as my problem. Fixed the issue and ordered me some brand new carpet and mats! No more stanky mildew smell.

Big thanks to WickedMom, and also to the guys at Skillman GMC here in Greenwood....they were great.

2009 G8 GT MGM w/Sport and Prem
    Staggered Midnight Silver Camaro Rims, SP Custom CAI, GRRRR8 Mods...

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing I saw this...I was vacuuming my car and felt the rear passenger foot well and noticed it was damp, gonna check this out.