Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intake Bolt Options

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Intake Bolt Options

Many of you are looking for intake bolt options for our weak factory bolts.

Getting the stainless knurled socket head ones to match the kits is almost impossible, so here is what I have found and I will know how many I can get in the morning.

Option 1. Stainless Hex Head (you will reuse your factory washers)

They will be $42.50 shipped for either option which is cheaper then the factory bolts.

If you have pre-paid for bolts and want one of these options, just PM me and tell me.

These bolts MUST be changed so you dont break 1 when changing intake or removing the intake cover.

Just post "I want" so I can see how many extras to order.

PayPal- gamemaster1967@aol.com
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This cheap compared to the $350 it cost me to have a broken bolt removed from the head. And yes I was using an in lb torque wrench and the bolt never made it to 89in lbs. I'll be ordering a set when I do my ported manifold/tb.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

$350??? Good lord! I was going to remove my intake cover this weekend, but I think I'll hold off for a while until I want to spend the money for new bolts.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the options is better... I really wanna remove my intake cover.

So do I just paypal you 40 bux?
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use coil covers it doesnt matter. The SS hex head will almost look stock and you will remove the washer from the OE bolts as shown in the original post.

Just PP and I will ship when they come in.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polo View Post
    $350??? Good lord! I was going to remove my intake cover this weekend, but I think I'll hold off for a while until I want to spend the money for new bolts.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    I seriously would. Obviously lots of people have done it with no issues, but the bolts are known to be weak. Sucks if you're the one it breaks on. $40 is cheap.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

The money has been sent!

Jessika, you have sent $40.00 USD to Charles.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient . View transaction details
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Bolt snapped on mine two. Mine was very difficult to get out, almost had to pull the heads. Good investment if you plan to remove your intake cover.
    2008 G8 GT #509 of 888 - Ignition Orange
    Performance: NEP OTR Intake, NEP Custom ECM/TCM Tune, VMS HSRK, Solo J-pipe Axle-back and X-pipe
    Appearance: 5000K HIDs, NEP Gauge Bezel, third_shift studios 888 Shifter Plaque, GXP Diffuser, 3.5" Exhaust Tips

332 RWHP / 349 RWTQ
    Best 1/4 - 13.215 @ 105.17MPH, 60' - 2.01
    www.fourdoormafia.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grandmacpubah View Post
    This cheap compared to the $350 it cost me to have a broken bolt removed from the head. And yes I was using an in lb torque wrench and the bolt never made it to 89in lbs. I'll be ordering a set when I do my ported manifold/tb.
    Almost exact same story for me. Well worth the money. I will order a set too when I do my ported manifold/tb because at that time 1) everything will be off anyway and 2) I should have access enough to grab the broken bolt with my hand or a vice grip and break it again - oops, I mean - ease her out.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

When do you see these bolts coming in? Can you post up a pic showing the correct tightening order of the intake bolts as well. My payment is sent. Thank you.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GT. Vararam CAI, Auxillary Transmission Cooler, Billett Catch Can, Intake Beauty Cover Delete, 2 Piece Holden Coil Covers, V6 Radiator Cover.

Heater Hose Relocation mod (to be done soon).

2003 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder-Trilogy Motorsports International Supercharger #75, 3.0 pulley, 12.5 psi boost (self installed 4/05), Tuned by Lidio Iaccobelli @ Alternative Automotive 4/09,
    412RWHP, 440RWTQ. Baer 14" front crossdrilled/slotted, rear crossdrilled slotted vented discs. Dynotech MMX driveshaft w/Metco DS loop. Auxillary Tranny cooler, widened rear rims 18x9.5", 18x8.0" fronts. 13.31 @105.8MPH------need a better 60'. Looking for the 12's